FW: Equitable Access to Montessori Borealis- Meeting: Noon on Sunday, October 19th at the Juneau Montessori School in Douglas

  • Juneau Montessori School
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2008

      From: Stephanie & Jason Kohlhase [mailto:j-s.kohlhase@...]
      Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 9:35 AM

      Hello All,

      Thank you for your interest in fair and equitable access to the Montessori Borealis Optional Program.  We are moving forward with this and are having a meeting scheduled for Noon on Sunday, October 19th at the Juneau Montessori School in Douglas .  Please attend to learn about the process and offer your opinions.  A group approach will be most beneficial.

      We would like to keep you informed about the processes that are taking place with the school district.  At this point, we have met with Superintendent Peggy Cowan regarding our Public Complaint and are now appealing to the Board of Education as we felt that their changes to the Montessori Lottery on April 1, 2008 were arbitrary and capricious and contrary to law.  The changes created inequitable access to Montessori Borealis.   If you are interested in pursuing this with us, please attend the meeting.  If you do not want to be included in this group, please email me so that I can take you off our list of advocates.

      Thank you all for stepping out of your comfort zones and standing up for fair and equitable education with the Juneau School District .

      Sincerely,

      Stephanie Kohlhase, 523-0617