Garage Sale - benefit Montessori Programs -Saturday May 31 @ Riverbend School

  • Juneu Montessori School
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2008

      Coming Up!  The “Upscale Garage Sale*” ~ to benefit  Juneau Montessori   School  and the  Juneau   School District  elementary and adolescent classrooms.

      Who:   Juneau   Montessori   School  and SEAFOM (SouthEast Alaska Friends of Montessori)

      What:  An “Upscale Garage Sale”

      Where:   Riverbend   Elementary School  Commons

      When:  Saturday, May 31st, 8 am to  Noon

      An added attraction…we will have fry bread for sale, free coffee and hopefully some baked items on the day of the sale…details still being confirmed…stay tuned!  Also, flyers are in the process of being made, just waiting for the final confirmation of our space at Riverbend school.

      Contact: Cindy Britten to volunteer, 780-6028

      I need help with the following:

      ü    Setting up the night before, on Friday, May 30th with pricing items, setting up tables, etc.

      ü    The day of the sale, volunteers needed to help with selling, taking money, helping in the kitchen, making coffee, and other duties as needed.

      ü    After the sale, help in clean up…there is another event happening at  1pm .

      ü    Please note…those folks who have PIP hours, this is a great opportunity to get some hours in.

      Call Cindy Britten, 780-6028

      *Definition of Upscale:  what we are looking for are quality items, things you might consider bringing to a consignment shop.  Please, nothing that is stained, torn, worn out, or outdated equipment.  We do not mean to offend anyone, as we all know that one person’s junk is another person’s treasure!  If you have some bigger ticket items you would like to sell, please call me to talk about that.  If you would like to give a portion of your sale to our fundraiser, we can talk.  Also, it would be most helpful if folks can check in at the end of the sale time to see if their items did not sell and then take them back or bring them to Salvation Army or St. Vincent’s.  Please contact me with any questions or concerns.  Thank you,