Fwd: How Do Innovators Think? - HBR Editors' Blog - Harvard Business Review

  • jnumontessori
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2009
      --- In JMSparents@yahoogroups.com, "Juneau Montessori School" <montessori@...> wrote:

      Dear Parents,

      A recent article I read in the Harvard Business Review discussed innovative
      entrepreneurs vs average executives. Towards the end, it mentions a
      connection between several successful innovators and Montessori education!

      Here is that last paragraph and then the link to the full article.

      "We also believe that the most innovative entrepreneurs were very

      lucky to have been raised in an atmosphere where inquisitiveness was

      encouraged. We were stuck by the stories they told about being

      sustained by people who cared about experimentation and exploration.

      Sometimes these people were relatives, but sometimes they were

      neighbors, teachers or other influential adults. A number of the

      innovative entrepreneurs also went to Montessori schools, where they

      learned to follow their curiosity. To paraphrase the famous Apple ad

      campaign, innovators not only learned early on to think different,

      they act different (and even talk different)."

      http://blogs.harvardbusiness.org/hbr/hbreditors/2009/09/how_do_innovators_th
      ink.html

      Enjoy,

      Lupita