Summer Playgroups

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2012
      Hi all and thanks for taking the poll!

      If you didn't take it but are interested in a playgroup, please feel free to join in.

      It looks like the most popular time is Tuesday from 10 to 12. I'm thinking about the first Tuesday of the month for the Santa Cruz locals and the third Tuesday of the month for the Monterey locals. Does once a month seem like enough? Of course, we can also organize on-the-fly playdates through this Yahoogroup.

      This month we're having family picnics at Ocean View Park in Santa Cruz, and Hilltop Park in Monterey (on Jessie St., off of David). Would you like to start the playgroups at those two parks? Or do you have a favorite park you'd like to recommend?

      As you respond, please introduce yourself briefly and let us know what part of the Monterey Bay you live in. It might also be useful, at some point, to exchange cell #s.

      Thanks,
      Tina
      MBAPI leader
      (Santa Cruz local, but willing to drive to Monterey)
      332-0864
    • sarahkollars
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2012
        The first Tuesday of the month is great for us in Santa Cruz! I think Oceanview is fine, or maybe somewhere mid-county like Frederick St Park. I have an almost 2 year old daughter Violette. She's very friendly (well, we both are, ha!) and loves to play outside. I'm Sarah, I stay at home with Violette and we live in a multigenerational home with my parents, Violette, my husband, and our dog. I'm very good on the fly, text me anytime for playdates (we're in Aptos) 831-332-2955

        --- In montereybayapi@yahoogroups.com, Tina McRorie <amsel@...> wrote:

        > Hi all and thanks for taking the poll!
        >
        > If you didn't take it but are interested in a playgroup, please feel free to join in.
        >
        > It looks like the most popular time is Tuesday from 10 to 12. I'm thinking about the first Tuesday of the month for the Santa Cruz locals and the third Tuesday of the month for the Monterey locals. Does once a month seem like enough? Of course, we can also organize on-the-fly playdates through this Yahoogroup.
        >
        > This month we're having family picnics at Ocean View Park in Santa Cruz, and Hilltop Park in Monterey (on Jessie St., off of David). Would you like to start the playgroups at those two parks? Or do you have a favorite park you'd like to recommend?
        >
        > As you respond, please introduce yourself briefly and let us know what part of the Monterey Bay you live in. It might also be useful, at some point, to exchange cell #s.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Tina
        > MBAPI leader
        > (Santa Cruz local, but willing to drive to Monterey)
        > 332-0864

      • SILVANA PIGA
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 9, 2012
          First Tuesday is fine for Leilana and I as long as I'm not working. Ocean park can be alright although I prefer Fredericks only because it's a little safer and easier to manage toddlers. Ocean park has the brick stairs and mainly slides. If everyone prefers this park I will join you there as well however.
          thankx