Tues. March 6: Making education choices

  • Karen Shihadeh
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2012
      Education 101: public charters and homeschooling

      When: Tuesday, March 6th, 5:30- 7:30pm.
      Where: Monterey Public Library Community Room, 625 Pacific Street, Monterey.
      Cost: FREE to the public.
      Kids Welcome!
      Do you find yourself confused about education and what will be best for your child?  Think homeschooling seems too hard, and what are charter schools anyway?  Get your questions answered!

      Come join us at our next meeting when we host a panel of educators talking about education philosophy and curriculum.   Our speakers include: administrator of the Monterey Bay Charter school, a Waldorf-inspired public charter, Kristi Heath; administrator of the Big Sur Charter School, Shawna Garritson; a homeschooling mom using the Ocean Grove Charter School curriculum, Julie Horner; and the Director of Classical Conversation of the Monterey Peninsula (a homeschool group), Paola Horvath.

      See you there!

      As always, we encourage anyone to come to one meeting for FREE.  To enjoy the rest of the year with us in addition to great member benefits, please join or renew your membership here

      --
      Karen Shihadeh
      co-leader