Hi! This is me!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2011
      Hi all and thanks for joining!

      I thought I'd start the ball rolling by introducing myself, though most of you have met me at the park.

      My name is Tina McRorie. I'm the mother of Davis (10) and Malcolm (8), whom you'll occasionally see checking in with me at the park when school is not in session. My husband, Jeff, and I have lived in Santa Cruz since we each moved here to go to UCSC in the late 80's.

      After graduating, I got my MA in clinical psychology from New College of California in SF, then came back here because Jeff and I love it. I worked as a social worker in the foster care system until Davis was born. I read Dr. Sears and did what felt right. Then I found a local API group, let by Heddi Craft. Soon I joined her as co-leader of the group, and over our four years of leading the group together, she became one of my best friends. My experiences with parenting and with API have made me rethink my previous goal of helping people develop healthier relationships by becoming a therapist, and decide that where I wanted to put my energy was in parenting education and support.

      I'm very involved in my kids' elementary school, Monarch Community School, and I'm enjoying running MBAPI. In my just-for-me free time, the preforming arts are what I love. Right now I'm in a community choir and I also bellydance under the stage name "Rubia".

      When you get a chance, please introduce yourself to the group.

      I hope to see you all at the park soon. It looks like today is going to be lovely!

      Tina McRorie
      MBAPI Leader