34Re: New Mom and to AP

    Nov 8, 2011
      Hi Katie,

      Welcome to the group. (Sorry it took me so long to get back to you!) I hope you can make it to our "How Your Baby Sleeps" meeting at the Monterey Public Library this Saturday, the 12th, from noon to 2pm in the Solarium Conference Room. Kids are welcome.

      I live in Santa Cruz, and we've just started having meetings in Monterey a couple of months ago, so I don't have a lot of resources in your area to point you towards, but, if you go to our website:
      www.montereybayapi.org
      and look through our previous newsletters, you will find one on the theme of "Fathers and Working Parents." The one on "Staying Home" might be of use to you, too.

      Hope to meet you soon,
      Tina McRorie
      Monterey Bay API Leader

      --- In montereybayapi@yahoogroups.com, "Katie" <elekate@...> wrote:

      > Hi there! I am the mom to a 6-month old girl here in PG. We'd love to meet other families who also parent using the AP approach in the area. My husband and I naturally fell into this style of parenting, and then I realized there was actually a name for it.
      >
      > One of our biggest challenges right now is my return to work which is causing major separation anxiety in our little one-- It has been two months and none of us have adjusted yet. It really is heartbreaking, as she is very upset the entire day-- she isn't in day care yet; she is home with my husband on the days I work. Unfortunately, I will have to return to work full time in January and I am really worried about her emotional well-being. Any thoughts?
      >
      > Also, when is the next group meeting in PG?
      >
      > Thanks!
      > Katie

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic