223Fwd: [santacruzmommy] breastfeeding project

    Nov 8 12:19 PM

      Begin forwarded message:

      Subject: [santacruzmommy] breastfeeding project
      Date: November 8, 2013 at 9:54:00 AM PST

      Hi there. I'm a sociologist and a mom here in Santa Cruz (I know some of you personally). I've started a new research project and I wonder if any of you can help.

      Here is a blurb about the project:

      I'm seeking to interview all kinds of folks breastfeeding in "alternative" ways: co-feeding, milk donors and recipients, adoptive parents breastfeeding, lesbian couples breastfeeding, non-feminine identified folks breastfeeding, re-lactators (e.g., older aunts, grandmothers breastfeeding), and trans* breastfeeding. I am interested in interviewing folks who are currently nursing or who did so in the past or who are considering it right now (because a pregnancy or adoption is in process) or considered it seriously in the past. The interviews are confidential, take about an hour and a half, and the results are completely anonymous. I have ethics board approval and research ethics certifications. If interested in volunteering, please email or text krwilson@..., 831-334-2258.

      Do you subscribe to any blogs where you can post this notice? Do you know anyone who fits any of these descriptions and might be willing to be interviewed either in person or over Skype? Do you know anyone who nurses a baby that she (or he!) did not give birth to? Did any of you donate to the milk bank or do you know someone who does/did? Are you involved in la leche league or good friends with a lactation consultant and willing to provide an introduction to your connections?  I would be grateful for any leads. Kristin

      Kristin J. Wilson, Ph.D.

      Author of Not Trying: Infertility, Childlessness, and Ambivalence, Vanderbilt University Press. Expected Fall 2013