OT-were strongly considering move to monterey from NYC- need advice

(198)
  • adelerocyte
    Jun 13, 2013 Expand Messages
      Hi ladies,

      I hope you don't mind my off topic question. I'm currently an NYC mom to a 26 month old boy, follow attachment parenting practices and am a busy SAHM. My husband was offered a very interesting job in Monterey and we are strongly considering leaving NYC after 10 years to move to CA. What's making the decision hard for me is I'm concerned about being isolated/bored because I'm used to city living and going to many mommy and me classes here and have made a group of SAHM friends that we see frequently just by walking a few blocks to the park or each others apartments.

      1. I'm wondering if any of you would be willing to share what classes/activities are available in the Monterey/Carmel area for 2+ year olds.

      2. Do parents choose to send kids to preschool (not daycare) a few hours a week at that age and if so could you give me some suggestions of good ones to check and cost. I couldn't find any websites with cost. It would be a big pay cut for us so were also trying to estimate our costs. If we stayed my son is sighed up to start preschool in the fall 7 hrs a week. I think it's a little early to start but the NYC peer pressure got to us and we got scared that if we didn't enroll him he might fall behind. Plus he LOVES socializing so I think he would really like it if it was just a few hours. And here you have to apply a year in advance so how was I suppose to predict a year in advance if he would be ready. But that's a whole other point. I hope that's not the case there. :)

      3. Finally if you're a SAHM could you share how you spend your weeks? More outdoor outings? Time at home? Play dates with other SAHM? Do you ever take day trips to San Francisco? Anything at all would be really helpful.

      Thank you and I'm sorry this is so off topic. But the API group here has been so amazingly helpful on so many topics I thought I would reach out to your group as well.

      Sincerely,
      Adele (mom to 26 month old Jack)
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic