Re: [monopoly] Free Parking

  • Charles Kjell Knutson
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2003
      Yes, this has always been the case. The reason for the
      rule is because with it the game tends to either
      diverge (people would gain income at such a rate that
      no one would ever become bankrupt), or the game would
      last many many hours. However, your rule is a common
      "house rule".

      There is a set of rules that does use a free parking
      pot effectively without the game diverging or becoming
      excessively long. The variation is called "beyond
      boardwalk". The rules are outlined in a book also
      titled "Beyond Boardwalk and Parkplace" written by
      Noel Gunther and Richard Hutton. The book is out of
      print, but you can find one at your local library. I
      found a copy in the Worcester public library in
      Worcester Massachussetts. I've played it with my
      family a few times and have found it to be really fun
      and worth pursueing for those of you who sit down and
      play the boardgame. Let me know if you have trouble
      finding it as I can sum up the rules.

      --- "agathaaav <agathaaav@...>"

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/