Monington Strays

  • Patty Hankins
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 5, 2001
      I've found a few more stray Moningtons - can anyone help identify these
      people?? I found them by searching on Ancestry.com and Rootsweb.com

      Thanks

      Patty

      1) Wm K Monington, a laborer working at Daniel Shaw L Co in Eau Claire
      Wisconsin from 1889-1893

      2) Sarah A Monington - a dressmaker in Scranton PA 1890-1892 - any know
      if this is eithere Sarah b 1866 daughter of Alexander Monington/Hannah
      Knight or Sarah A born April 13 1866 daughter of James Monington/Susan
      Sutliff who married Elmer Gregory in 1893?

      3) Vernon B Monington age 40 who on Nov 16 1978 in Lamar County, TX was
      divorced from Mary R Monington age 40. They were married Nov 18 1971

      4) Two Monington children born in Contra Costa, CA. Mother last name was
      Murch. The children are a girl BeverleeCae born 1/7/1953 and a boy
      Steven Dale born 3/12/1954

      5) Darcee Monington (female) born 6/11/1959 in Contra Costa, CA.
      Mother's last name was Nylund

      6) Four Monington children born in Santa Barbara County, CA. Mother's
      last name was Savory. Children are David L (8/25/1961), Dawn L
      (9/25/1960), Diana M (7/12/1966) and Douglas K (8/25/1961)

      7) David A Monington born 8/21/1977 in Sacramento County, CA. Mother's
      last name wass Snyder.

      8) Paul James Monington born 12/13/ 1987 in Riverside County, CA.
      Mother's last name was Leyva.

      9) Lavern Monington age 61 died Minot ND shortly before Mach 18, 1999
      (obit date)

      10) Harriet Monington VanDusen age 92 died Margaretville NY shortly
      before Jan 15 1999 (obit date)
    • J. B. Monington
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 5, 2001
        Dear Patty;

        I have printed out the information you have to date and sent it out to my
        sisters, sorry they don't have computers. After they review the data I
        should be able to fill in a couple of blanks for you.

        Vernon B Monington is my other brother, son of Leary B Monington. He was
        born Feb 3, 1938 still living

        Lavern Monington, and BeverleeCae, (still living, married a Johnson) are a
        son and daughter of Arlyn Quinton Monington.

        I will try to gather some more info (mostly still living desendants) and
        foward it to you.

        I'll do what I can to help, keep up the good work, Jim

        >From: Patty Hankins <phankins@...>
        >To: Monington Egroups List <monington@egroups.com>
        >Subject: [monington] Monington Strays
        >Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 17:42:28 -0500
        >
        >I've found a few more stray Moningtons - can anyone help identify these
        >people?? I found them by searching on Ancestry.com and Rootsweb.com
        >
        >Thanks
        >
        >Patty
        >
        >1) Wm K Monington, a laborer working at Daniel Shaw L Co in Eau Claire
        >Wisconsin from 1889-1893
        >
        >2) Sarah A Monington - a dressmaker in Scranton PA 1890-1892 - any know
        >if this is eithere Sarah b 1866 daughter of Alexander Monington/Hannah
        >Knight or Sarah A born April 13 1866 daughter of James Monington/Susan
        >Sutliff who married Elmer Gregory in 1893?
        >
        >3) Vernon B Monington age 40 who on Nov 16 1978 in Lamar County, TX was
        >divorced from Mary R Monington age 40. They were married Nov 18 1971
        >
        >4) Two Monington children born in Contra Costa, CA. Mother last name was
        >Murch. The children are a girl BeverleeCae born 1/7/1953 and a boy
        >Steven Dale born 3/12/1954
        >
        >5) Darcee Monington (female) born 6/11/1959 in Contra Costa, CA.
        >Mother's last name was Nylund
        >
        >6) Four Monington children born in Santa Barbara County, CA. Mother's
        >last name was Savory. Children are David L (8/25/1961), Dawn L
        >(9/25/1960), Diana M (7/12/1966) and Douglas K (8/25/1961)
        >
        >7) David A Monington born 8/21/1977 in Sacramento County, CA. Mother's
        >last name wass Snyder.
        >
        >8) Paul James Monington born 12/13/ 1987 in Riverside County, CA.
        >Mother's last name was Leyva.
        >
        >9) Lavern Monington age 61 died Minot ND shortly before Mach 18, 1999
        >(obit date)
        >
        >10) Harriet Monington VanDusen age 92 died Margaretville NY shortly
        >before Jan 15 1999 (obit date)

      • miss jen
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 21, 2004
          Hi Patty,
          My name is Jenifer Monington. Lavern Monington was my
          grandfather. He was married to Lilian Monington (maiden name
          Savory). The four Moningtons (Dawn, David, Douglas, and Diana) are
          my aunts and uncles, all children of Lavern and Lilian. Lavern and
          Lilian also had another daughter, Deborah (born in Wantage, England
          on 7/12/1959), who is my mother. If you would like any information
          on my family, let me know. If anyone has any information on my
          family, let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.

          Thanks,
          Jen:)

          --- In monington@yahoogroups.com, "J. B. Monington" <jmonington@h...>

        • Angel39470@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 21, 2004
            Hi Jen,
                You have me slightly confused.  I have Lillian maiden name as Thomas being the daughter of David and Gwendoline (Savory) Thomas. Lillian's siblings I have are David Thomas, England and Sister Dawn Shaw, England  Is this correct?

            Debbie
          • Melissa Moningtn
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 22, 2004
              Hi Jen. My name is Melissa Monington.. I was just curious if your uncle Douglas had the middle name warren and where your family is from? Let me know if you can. Thanks!

              wrote:
              > Dear Patty;
              >
              > I have printed out the information you have to date and sent it out
              to my
              > sisters, sorry they don't have computers. After they review the
              data I
              > should be able to fill in a couple of blanks for you.
              >
              > Vernon B Monington is my other brother, son of Leary B Monington.
              He was
              > born Feb 3, 1938 still living
              >
              > Lavern Monington, and BeverleeCae, (still living, married a
              Johnson) are a
              > son and daughter of Arlyn Quinton Monington.
              >
              > I will try to gather some more info (mostly still living
              desendants) and
              > foward it to you.
              >
              > I'll do what I can to help, keep up the good work,    Jim
              >

              > >From: Patty Hankins <phankins@e...>
              > >To: Monington Egroups List <monington@egroups.com>
              > >Subject: [monington] Monington Strays
              > >Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 17:42:28 -0500
              > >
              > >I've found a few more stray Moningtons - can anyone help identify
              these
              > >people?? I found them by searching on Ancestry.com and Rootsweb.com
              > >
              > >Thanks
              > >
              > >Patty
              > >
              > >1) Wm K Monington, a laborer working at Daniel Shaw L Co in Eau
              Claire
              > >Wisconsin from 1889-1893
              > >
              > >2)  Sarah A Monington - a dressmaker in Scranton PA 1890-1892 -
              any know
              > >if this is eithere Sarah b 1866 daughter of Alexander
              Monington/Hannah
              > >Knight or Sarah A born April 13 1866 daughter of James
              Monington/Susan
              > >Sutliff who married Elmer Gregory in 1893?
              > >
              > >3) Vernon B Monington age 40 who on Nov 16 1978 in Lamar County,
              TX was
              > >divorced from Mary R Monington age 40. They were married Nov 18
              1971

              > >4) Two Monington children born in Contra Costa, CA. Mother last
              name was
              > >Murch. The children are a girl BeverleeCae born 1/7/1953 and a boy
              > >Steven Dale born 3/12/1954
              > >
              > >5) Darcee Monington (female) born 6/11/1959 in Contra Costa, CA.
              > >Mother's last name was Nylund
              > >
              > >6) Four Monington children born in Santa Barbara County, CA.
              Mother's
              > >last name was Savory. Children are David L (8/25/1961), Dawn L
              > >(9/25/1960), Diana M (7/12/1966) and Douglas K (8/25/1961)
              > >
              > >7) David A Monington born 8/21/1977 in Sacramento County, CA.
              Mother's
              > >last name wass Snyder.
              > >
              > >8) Paul James Monington born 12/13/ 1987 in Riverside County, CA.
              > >Mother's last name was Leyva.
              > >
              > >9) Lavern Monington age 61 died Minot ND shortly before Mach 18,
              1999
              > >(obit date)
              > >
              > >10) Harriet Monington VanDusen age 92 died Margaretville NY shortly
              > >before Jan 15 1999 (obit date)

              Exchanging information on the MONINGTON family in America.

              Do you Yahoo!?
            • jenifer *~*~*
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 22, 2004

                Hi Melissa,

                   My uncle Doug's middle name was Keith.  My family was pretty much based in Minot, ND.

                ----Original Message Follows---- From: Melissa Moningtn <mel_monington@...> Reply-To: monington@yahoogroups.com To: monington@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [monington] Re: Monington Strays Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 06:22:05 -0700 (PDT) Hi Jen. My name is Melissa Monington.. I was just curious if your uncle Douglas had the middle name warren and where your family is from? Let me know if you can. Thanks! miss jen <jusjen83@...> wrote:Hi Patty, My name is Jenifer Monington. Lavern Monington was my grandfather. He was married to Lilian Monington (maiden name Savory). The four Moningtons (Dawn, David, Douglas, and Diana) are my aunts and uncles, all children of Lavern and Lilian. Lavern and Lilian also had another daughter, Deborah (born in Wantage, England on 7/12/1959), who is my mother. If you would like any information on my family, let me know. If anyone has any information on my family, let me know, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jen:) --- In monington@yahoogroups.com, "J. B. Monington" <jmonington@h...> wrote: > Dear Patty; > > I have printed out the information you have to date and sent it out to my > sisters, sorry they don't have computers. After they review the data I > should be able to fill in a couple of blanks for you. > > Vernon B Monington is my other brother, son of Leary B Monington. He was > born Feb 3, 1938 still living > > Lavern Monington, and BeverleeCae, (still living, married a Johnson) are a > son and daughter of Arlyn Quinton Monington. > > I will try to gather some more info (mostly still living desendants) and > foward it to you. > > I'll do what I can to help, keep up the good work, Jim > > > > >From: Patty Hankins <phankins@e...> > >Reply-To: monington@egroups.com > >To: Monington Egroups List <monington@egroups.com> > >Subject: [monington] Monington Strays > >Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 17:42:28 -0500 > > > >I've found a few more stray Moningtons - can anyone help identify these > >people?? I found them by searching on Ancestry.com and Rootsweb.com > > > >Thanks > > > >Patty > > > >1) Wm K Monington, a laborer working at Daniel Shaw L Co in Eau Claire > >Wisconsin from 1889-1893 > > > >2) Sarah A Monington - a dressmaker in Scranton PA 1890-1892 - any know > >if this is eithere Sarah b 1866 daughter of Alexander Monington/Hannah > >Knight or Sarah A born April 13 1866 daughter of James Monington/Susan > >Sutliff who married Elmer Gregory in 1893? > > > >3) Vernon B Monington age 40 who on Nov 16 1978 in Lamar County, TX was > >divorced from Mary R Monington age 40. They were married Nov 18 1971 > > > >4) Two Monington children born in Contra Costa, CA. Mother last name was > >Murch. The children are a girl BeverleeCae born 1/7/1953 and a boy > >Steven Dale born 3/12/1954 > > > >5) Darcee Monington (female) born 6/11/1959 in Contra Costa, CA. > >Mother's last name was Nylund > > > >6) Four Monington children born in Santa Barbara County, CA. Mother's > >last name was Savory. Children are David L (8/25/1961), Dawn L > >(9/25/1960), Diana M (7/12/1966) and Douglas K (8/25/1961) > > > >7) David A Monington born 8/21/1977 in Sacramento County, CA. Mother's > >last name wass Snyder. > > > >8) Paul James Monington born 12/13/ 1987 in Riverside County, CA. > >Mother's last name was Leyva. > > > >9) Lavern Monington age 61 died Minot ND shortly before Mach 18, 1999 > >(obit date) > > > >10) Harriet Monington VanDusen age 92 died Margaretville NY shortly > >before Jan 15 1999 (obit date) > > > > _________________________________________________________________ > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com Exchanging information on the MONINGTON family in America. Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT --------------------------------- Yahoo! Groups Links To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/monington/ To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: monington-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. --------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - Send 10MB messages!

              • jenifer *~*~*

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 22, 2004

                    Hi Debbie,

                      I'm sorry about the confusion, I thought my grandmother's maiden name was Savory, but I spoke to my mother and she told me that it was Thomas.  The rest of information is true.  I don't really know much about my grandparent's families and I didn't get the chance to talk about it with them as both have passed away.  Thank you for the info and if you can provide me with any more info, it would be much appreciated.

                              Jen:)

                    ----Original Message Follows---- From: Angel39470@... Reply-To: monington@yahoogroups.com To: monington@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [monington] Re: Monington Strays Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 00:44:46 EDT Hi Jen, You have me slightly confused. I have Lillian maiden name as Thomas being the daughter of David and Gwendoline (Savory) Thomas. Lillian's siblings I have are David Thomas, England and Sister Dawn Shaw, England Is this correct? Debbie

                  • Patty Hankins
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 23, 2004
                      I wonder if your grandmother did use the last name Savory at some point. According to the California Birth Records that were online for a while (they took them off after there were privacy issues raised) - the mother's maiden name for David and siblings born in CA was Savory.

                      I'm afraid I don't have any other info on your family - sorry I can't be more help

                      Patty

                      Photography by Patty Hankins & Bill Lawrence

                      Hankins-Lawrence Images Ebay Store