Re: Hello All

  • mel_monington
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 13, 2004
      Hi there Moningtons. I as you would guess, I am one of you as well.
      Your group is rather interesting so far as I have read. I don't know
      if there is any information I could give any of you that could help
      but I would be more than pleased to learn more about our ancestry.
      Please contact me for info at mel_monington@... or
      moz1959@.... Thank you very much

      Melissa Monington
    • mel_monington
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 23, 2004
        So I have dug up as much info as I can find on my family, don't know
        if anyone is interested. From what I understand, my grandfather
        Douglas Monington I, was born in 1932 and married my grandmother
        Grace Kosa in 1957. They were divorced in 1970 after having 4
        children (my mother and three uncles). He then married a woman named
        Helen in what year I do not know. I may be able to find out what his
        fathers name was but I am not sure. He lived his entire life in
        upstate new york and passed away sometime in 1999 (I never met him
        though). Now his daughter and all three sons live here in Orlando,
        FL. His daughter, my mother, had me and my two siters from 1981-
        1984. That is as far as I have gotten with my monington family
        history as it turns out that most of the people in my immediate
        family are rather secretive about giving out information - for what
        reason, I do not know. But, I have learned a lot more than I knew a
        month ago. If you guys have any input/info for me, let me know and
        until then, I enjoy reading your research. Thank you

        -Melissa Monington
      • Patty Hankins
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 23, 2004
          Melissa -

          I"ve got a bit of info that may help find more info on your family.
          IT's from the Social Security Death Index. At one point - I
          "collected" the info on all the Monington's listed - since many are
          related to the ones in my family from the Wayne County PA area.

          Your grandfather was born on April 30, 1932 - died on March 29, 1999.
          Last Residence was Albany, NY. His social security number was
          104-24-9491

          You can contact the Social Security Administration to get a copy of
          his application form - that will have info on who his parents are. The
          way to get the info is

          The Freedom of Information Act has made available copies of the
          original applications of those Social Security card holders who have
          passed away. Researchers must send $27 (if SS number is known) or $29
          (if number is unknown or incorrect) to the address below [an
          abbreviated NUMIDENT form is also available for $16]:

          Social Security Administration
          Office of Earnings Operations
          FOIA Workgroup
          300 N. Greene Street
          PO Box 33022
          Baltimore, MD 21290

          I've solved a few problems in my family history by getting a copy of
          the full SS application. It's well worth the $27.

          Hope this helps

          Patty

          ___________________________

          Photography by Patty Hankins & Bill Lawrence
          www.hankinslawrenceimages.com

          Hankins-Lawrence Images Ebay Store
          http://www.stores.ebay.com/hankinslawrenceimages?refid=store

[...]

          Exchanging information on the MONINGTON family in America.
          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Melissa Moningtn

[...]

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • cpham_mw@tfi-online.de