Will of John WEBB, father in law to William MONINGTON

  • klpayne0810
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2003
      This is the will of John WEBB, which may be of interest to
      Monington's.
      Kathryn
      TRANSCRIPTION OF THE WILL OF
      JOHN WEBB

      I John Webb of the city of Philadelphia in the Province of
      Pennsylvania being weak of body but through the Great Mercy of God
      of well disposing Mind and Memory do make and publish this my last
      will and testament in manner and form following viz: I will that all
      my just debts and funeral expenses be paid and _______
      Item I give unto Joseph Webb my kinsman and son of Hannah Lea of
      Chester County all my wearing apparel and my cane Item I give unto
      my loving wife Ann Webb all my household goods and plate in the
      house wherein I now live and the ___ ____
      Item I give and bequeath unto my wife the house wherein I now live
      bounded on the west with the Second Street and on the south with
      Mulberry Street and on the ______ the house of Thomas Redman
      together with the lot and appurtenances during her natural life and
      after her decease to my daughter Susannah the wife of William
      Monington and to her heirs legally begotten of her own body forever
      Item I give and bequeath unto my daughter Susannah all my household
      goods and plate now in the possession of William Monington her
      husband
      Item I give and bequeath unto my daughter Susannah and to her heirs
      lawfully begotten of her own body forever my house that I bought of
      Joseph Redman now in the possession of her husband William Monington
      and bounded on the north with the house of Peter Stetch wherein he
      now lives and on the west with the Front Street and on the south
      with the house of John Redman wherein Robert Burrow now lives and on
      the east of ____ Street together with all its appurtenances
      Item I give and begueath unto my daughter Susannah Monington and to
      her heirs legally begotten of her own body lawfully the house and
      lot and all the appurtenances thereunto belonging which I bought of
      Reiner Fanson (?) lying and being in the _______ Street in
      Philadelphia wherein John Gentry now lives together with the lot I
      bought of Robert Adams next adjoining to the south side of the said
      house and lot last before mentioned with all its appurtenances
      described and bounded in the said Reiner Fanson(?) and Robert Adams
      deeds to me both lots making about ninety five foot front and one
      hundred and seventy five foot in length to the same more or less
      Item all my money that is ___ upon Bond and other debts I give to be
      equally divided between my loving wife Ann Webb and my daughter
      Susannah Monington yet so that all the interest arising from the
      whole from the time of my decease till amounts are finished and
      equally divided as above ___ be to my wife in her won proper use and
      behalf. And in case the interest of the Dividend of the moneys
      about given to my wife shall not amount unto the sum of Twelve
      Pounds p. Annum my will is that she shall be annually paid so much
      as will make the interest of her said dividend amount unto the said
      sum of twelve pounds of the other money given to my daughter
      Susannah Monington. And in case my son in law William Monington
      shall survive my daughter Susannah Moninton and her heirs aforesaid,
      I give and bequeath unto him the said William Monington the house
      and lots herein before given and bequeathed unto my daughter
      Susannah Monington and her heirs aforesaid during his natural life
      he paying unto my wife Ann Webb Ten Pounds p. Annum. And in case my
      wife Ann Webb survives the said William Monington and Susannah his
      wife and her heirs aforesaid I give and bequeath unto my wife Ann
      Webb during her natural life the houses and lots before given and
      bequeathed unto my daughter Susannah Monington and her heirs
      aforesaid. And in case my son in law William Monington survives my
      daughter Susannah and her heirs aforesaid and my wife Ann Webb I
      give and bequeath unto him the said William Monington and to his
      heirs forever all my Real Estate herein before given unto my wife
      Ann Webb and unto my daughter Susannah Monington and her heirs
      aforesaid, he the said William Monington paying one hundred pounds
      as followeth viz: To my brother Richard Webb ye sum of twenty pounds
      And to my sister Mary Webb the sum of twenty pounds And to my sister
      Sarah the wife of Nathaniel Perrin the sum of twenty pounds And unto
      my sister Rachell Webb the sum of twenty pounds And to my brother
      Daniel Webb the sum of twenty pounds And in case my wife survives my
      daughter Susannah Monington and her heirs aforesaid and William
      Monington aforesaid then after my wifes decease I give and bequeath
      all my real estate to be equally divided between my brothers and
      sisters now living or those that shall lawfully represent them.
      Item I give unto my brother Daniel Webb in Great Britain the twenty
      pounds and on Bond from him to me together with all interest and
      thereon lastly do I make and ordain my son in law William Monington
      sole Executor of this my last will and testament. In witness
      whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this twenty first of
      the sixth month called August in ye year of our Lord one thousand
      seven hundred and eleven. JOHN WEBB (Seal)

      Signed sealed published and declared by his executor to be his last
      will and testament in the presence of us the words of her ____ body
      being first inter____ in the tenth, thirteenth and seventeenth
      _______. Henry Cliffton, Hugh Durborow, Sam. Taylor, Joseph Webb

      Phila. March 15, 1715 Then personally appeared Henry Cliffton and
      Hugh Durborow two of the witnesses to the within written will and on
      their solemn affirmations according to law did declare they saw John
      Webb the testator within named sign seal publish and declare the
      same as his last will and testament and that at the ____ thereof he
      was of sound mind memory and understanding to the best of their
      knowledge. Coram ____ Rea (or Lea), gent.

      Be it remembered that on the 15th day of March 1715 the last will
      and testament of John Webb deceased was proved in our form of law
      and probated. Letters of administration was granted to William
      Monington executor therein _____ being first attested according to
      law well and truly to administer and bring in an inventory of the
      deceases Estate into the Register Generals Office at Phila. The 15th
      of April next ___ to ___ when required given under the seal of said
      office. Coram ______Rea (or Lea), gent.
    • Dave Skinner
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 17, 2003
        Thanks for posting this. I am sure it will be helpful to many Monington researchers.

        Dave Skinner - skinnerd@... or Dave@...
        Le Jardin Ombragé, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
        Main Website http://www.nettally.com/skinnerd/ombrage.html
        Ginger Website http://www.gingersrus.com
        eBay Listings http://www.gingersrus.com/ebay.htm