Re: [monington] Charles MONNINGTON c1802

  • Angel39470@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 17 1:05 AM
      Hi all,
      I believe I may have just found Charles' son William in the 1870 census
      still in Wayne Co. Pa. Anyone with images at ancestry can view the census
      on page 24 of 30 for Clinton, Wayne Co., Pa. The last name looks to me like
      Monnington again. It is as follows:
      Line 23 188 185 Monnington, William 41yrs M W Farmer England
      Line 24 Monnington, Catherine 35yrs F W Keeping house Pa.
      Line 25 Monnington, Mary E 12yrs F W at home Pa
      Line 26 Monnington, Lydia A 10yrs F W Pa
      Line 27 Monnington, Charles H? 7yrs M Pa
      Line 28 Monnington, Edward J. 4yrs M W Pa
      Line 29 Monnington, Floyd E. 1yr M W Pa

      Does this added information help anyone to make a connection to this family?
      I only wish i could find my grandparents I am trying to find on one of my
      other lines.

      Debbie
    • paulmonington
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 13, 2004
        --- In monington@yahoogroups.com, Patty Hankins <phankins@e...>
        wrote:

        > Dave Skinner wrote:
        >
        > > That's very interesting information - that this Charles
        Monington may have been born
        > > in England. The surname is so very rare that I would say there
        HAS to be a
        > > connection for him to be in Wayne County, so I am guessing he
        was sponsored somehow
        > > to come from England by William Monington.
        >
        > Do we know of any connections back to England from the Moningtons
        in the US after they
        > immigrated? William arrived in 1699. I'd be a little surprised if
        the family stayed in
        > touch enough for someone to connect up with the Moningtons in PA
        after 100+ years if we
        > don't know that there was contact between the families through
        much of the 1700s. But I
        > agree with Dave about the name being so rare that it would be an
        incredible coincedence
        > for Charles to end up in Wayne County if there wasn't a link to
        the descendants of
        > William.
        >

        > > The only other Charles I have in my database is the one born Ca
        1833, possible son of
        > > Nathan Monington and (Arville?). They are found in the 1850.
        > >

        > There is also Charles R (Rutledge/Ridgeway) Monington b 1857 son
        of James R
        > Monington/Susan Sutliff. He married Rozella Drumm.
        >
        > The Charles b c 1833 - was born May 25, 1833 in Mt Pleasant,
        Wayne, PA - he is Charles W
        > Monington - son of Nathan Monington/Arvilla Tanner. He is probably
        the Charles Monington
        > who served in Hebbel's Co PA Infantry during the Civil War - and
        may be the one Charles
        > MOnington in the NJ Hospital for Disable Soldiers in Hduson Co,
        MJJ in 1900

        > There is also Charles Monington b April 6 1841 - son of Ruth
        Barber and James Monington.
        > THis family was in Bucks County, PA. Charles married Adelaide
        Leeti - and was a shoemaker
        > in Bucks County as late as 1900.
        >
        > Patty
        >

        > > Dave Skinner - skinnerd@n...
        > > Le Jardin Ombragé, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
        > > Main Website http://www.nettally.com/skinnerd/ombrage.html
        > > Ginger Website http://www.nettally.com/skinnerd/gingers.htm
        > > eBay Listings http://www.GingersRus.com

        In Dyberry there

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > > > Exchanging information on the MONINGTON family in America.
        > > >
        > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > > Exchanging information on the MONINGTON family in America.
        > >
        > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Hi Rare name in UK too.