Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Won Park , Uncut and Uncensored

Expand Messages
  • paperknight2003
    http://havepaperwilltravel.blogspot.com/2007/06/ousa-convention-after-action-report.html Includes Won, the unbridled billfolder, folding a napkin rose; and a
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1 8:46 AM
    • 0 Attachment
      http://havepaperwilltravel.blogspot.com/2007/06/ousa-convention-after-action-report.html

      Includes Won, the unbridled billfolder, folding a napkin rose; and a
      bit of background on the dollar koi.

      It was great meeting Marcio Noguchi. He has his work cut out for him.
      If the diagrams for the koi come out, I really hope it is impressed
      upon people just how much labor will have gone into illustrating the
      steps. Both Won and Marcio have been very generous with their time,
      energy, and devotion.

      Won, thank you for the friendship and the folding experience of
      duplicating your moneyfolding art.


      michael
      Santa Monica, CA
      http://havepaperwilltravel.blogspot.com/
    • michelefolds
      Michael, Thank you so much for your posting. I love your blog btw!! it is a great source of wonderful information! Thanks for all your work and effort. I
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 2 11:08 AM
      • 0 Attachment
        Michael,

        Thank you so much for your posting. I love your blog btw!! it is
        a great source of wonderful information! Thanks for all your work and
        effort.

        I recently folded the zigzag pattern (which I call squishy)
        from your site with a $ -- very cool and fun little fold! I also
        attempted Won's folding of the napkin rose. Not sure what kind of
        napkin that is, but my cocktail napkins aren't quite the same
        porportion - so I had to cut it in thirds. I am not sure I have the
        delicate touch that you and Won seem to have because mine came out a
        bit tight.

        Thanks also for sharing the convention photos. Loved Andrew's too. I
        know what an effort it is to come home so tired and to deal with
        posting pics! They are most appreciated from all of us that were
        anxiously awaiting :-) Thanks to all who posted!

        Michael photo #233 shows a very cute flower -- who's model is that?

        thanks,
        Michele

        p.s. For anyone interested... I posted a few new folds on my "folds"
        site (if you go to the root page I've reorganized it so that the
        latest folds are on top) -- including another pig (by Wiatrowski from
        OUSA 1988), Anson's $ cat, Lasso's bull (modified slightly for the
        $), Lang's 3 $ flower, and another version of the squishy -- folded
        via the directions on Michael's blog.
        http://members.cox.net/michelesfolds

        --- In moneyfolders_unite@yahoogroups.com, "paperknight2003"
        <paperknight2003@...> wrote:
        >
        > http://havepaperwilltravel.blogspot.com/2007/06/ousa-convention-
        after-action-report.html
        >
        > Includes Won, the unbridled billfolder, folding a napkin rose; and a
        > bit of background on the dollar koi.
        >
        > It was great meeting Marcio Noguchi. He has his work cut out for
        him.
        > If the diagrams for the koi come out, I really hope it is impressed
        > upon people just how much labor will have gone into illustrating the
        > steps. Both Won and Marcio have been very generous with their time,
        > energy, and devotion.
        >
        > Won, thank you for the friendship and the folding experience of
        > duplicating your moneyfolding art.
        >
        >
        > michael
        > Santa Monica, CA
        > http://havepaperwilltravel.blogspot.com/
        >
      • paperknight2003
        ... You might be interested in seeing this, then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvxn1-0V1l8&NR=1 ... I do not have Won s delicate touch; but what I m finding
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 2 8:42 PM
        • 0 Attachment
          "michelefolds" wrote:

          > I recently folded the zigzag pattern (which I call squishy)
          > from your site with a $ -- very cool and fun little fold!

          You might be interested in seeing this, then:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvxn1-0V1l8&NR=1

          > I am not sure I have the
          > delicate touch that you and Won seem to have because mine came out a
          > bit tight.

          I do not have Won's delicate touch; but what I'm finding is, no matter
          how I do it, it seems pretty hard to "mess up". The leaf is easy; the
          rose is just so much twirling and I've pretty well abandoned
          technique, and just basically shape it however it needs to be, to end
          up looking good. I don't know if that makes much sense.


          Thanks for the compliments about the photo-posting and my blog. It's
          great to know that there are those out there who are benefiting from
          the work.

          >
          > Michael photo #233 shows a very cute flower -- who's model is that?
          >

          Photo #233....in which album?

          You should try to make the July 14th WCOG meeting, as well as the July
          15th CSULB Origami Festival.

          michael
          Santa Monica, CA
          http://havepaperwilltravel.blogspot.com/
        • paperknight2003
          ... Ok, I think I found it: http://havepaperwilltravel.shutterfly.com/action/slideshow?a=67b0de21b32ccf826594&auto=0&idx=232&m=1&d=1183436672762 That s one of
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 2 9:30 PM
          • 0 Attachment
            "paperknight2003" wrote:

            > Photo #233....in which album?
            >

            Ok, I think I found it:
            http://havepaperwilltravel.shutterfly.com/action/slideshow?a=67b0de21b32ccf826594&auto=0&idx=232&m=1&d=1183436672762

            That's one of Sok's flowers. He had a number of variations. I was
            actually in a hurry to get back to the vending room when I took the
            bulk of my exhibition hall photos. So I did not take a photo of each
            individual flower; but I do believe if you go back to Andrew Hans'
            photos, he did just that.

            It would have been fun to learn some of those flowers, as well. If
            you contact Sok, he might be willing to share diagrams. I don't know
            if they've been published anywhere, yet, but I know of at least one
            set for one of his flower variations.

            Oh, and I do believe you've probably already seen that YouTube video,
            since it sounds like you've folded the "squishy" model before my blogpost.

            michael
            Santa Monica, CA
            http://havepaperwilltravel.blogspot.com/
          • michelefolds
            Thanks again Michael. Actually, the $ I folded looked much like that one. You can see it on my site. I think I made it with a few more zigzags and honestly..
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 2 11:32 PM
            • 0 Attachment
              Thanks again Michael. Actually, the $ I folded looked much like that
              one. You can see it on my site. I think I made it with a few more
              zigzags and honestly.. it took a while... the squishy is lots of
              fun.. and that video demonstrates it very well.

              I'm planning on making both meetings if possible. Have some relatives
              coming in town and they haven't firmed up their schedule.. hoping to
              schedule around the weekend :-)

              take care,
              Michele


              --- In moneyfolders_unite@yahoogroups.com, "paperknight2003"
              <paperknight2003@...> wrote:
              >
              > "michelefolds" wrote:
              >
              > > I recently folded the zigzag pattern (which I call squishy)
              > > from your site with a $ -- very cool and fun little fold!
              >
              > You might be interested in seeing this, then:
              > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvxn1-0V1l8&NR=1
              >
              > > I am not sure I have the
              > > delicate touch that you and Won seem to have because mine came
              out a
              > > bit tight.
              >
              > I do not have Won's delicate touch; but what I'm finding is, no
              matter
              > how I do it, it seems pretty hard to "mess up". The leaf is easy;
              the
              > rose is just so much twirling and I've pretty well abandoned
              > technique, and just basically shape it however it needs to be, to
              end
              > up looking good. I don't know if that makes much sense.
              >
              >
              > Thanks for the compliments about the photo-posting and my blog.
              It's
              > great to know that there are those out there who are benefiting from
              > the work.
              >
              > >
              > > Michael photo #233 shows a very cute flower -- who's model is
              that?
              > >
              >
              > Photo #233....in which album?
              >
              > You should try to make the July 14th WCOG meeting, as well as the
              July
              > 15th CSULB Origami Festival.
              >
              > michael
              > Santa Monica, CA
              > http://havepaperwilltravel.blogspot.com/
              >
            • michelefolds
              Yes.. that is the one!! Thanks.. I ll have to try to find out how to contact him... and will check through Andrew s photos again. There are 2 squishies on my
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 2 11:38 PM
              • 0 Attachment
                Yes.. that is the one!! Thanks.. I'll have to try to find out how to
                contact him... and will check through Andrew's photos again.

                There are 2 squishies on my website... one with horizontal zigzags
                and one with vertical zigzags.

                The first one I created after seeing this video:
                http://www.metacafe.com/watch/325720/crazy_paper_folding_trick

                and the 2nd one I created after seeing yours. Your video shows a
                neater tighter way to accomplish the same fold... I like it much
                better because you can do many little folds... although the first
                method might be a bit less time consuming.

                Thanks again,
                Michele

                --- In moneyfolders_unite@yahoogroups.com, "paperknight2003"
                <paperknight2003@...> wrote:
                >
                > "paperknight2003" wrote:
                >
                > > Photo #233....in which album?
                > >
                >
                > Ok, I think I found it:
                > http://havepaperwilltravel.shutterfly.com/action/slideshow?
                a=67b0de21b32ccf826594&auto=0&idx=232&m=1&d=1183436672762
                >
                > That's one of Sok's flowers. He had a number of variations. I was
                > actually in a hurry to get back to the vending room when I took the
                > bulk of my exhibition hall photos. So I did not take a photo of
                each
                > individual flower; but I do believe if you go back to Andrew Hans'
                > photos, he did just that.
                >
                > It would have been fun to learn some of those flowers, as well. If
                > you contact Sok, he might be willing to share diagrams. I don't
                know
                > if they've been published anywhere, yet, but I know of at least one
                > set for one of his flower variations.
                >
                > Oh, and I do believe you've probably already seen that YouTube
                video,
                > since it sounds like you've folded the "squishy" model before my
                blogpost.
                >
                > michael
                > Santa Monica, CA
                > http://havepaperwilltravel.blogspot.com/
                >
              • Arthur Eduard
                Wow! I will wait for this day to come! Won t be available here, but I hope the book will be available for online purchase soon after it is published. best
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 22 7:00 AM
                • 0 Attachment
                  Wow! I will wait for this day to come!
                  Won't be available here, but I hope the book will be available for
                  online purchase soon after it is published.

                  best regards,
                  Arthur E.

                  --- In moneyfolders_unite@yahoogroups.com, "orudorumagi11"
                  <orudorumagi11@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > Hello,
                  >
                  > This is Won Park, I am in the process of getting my models
                  > diagrammed as we speak. It will take some time so hang in there.
                  When
                  > I have enough to make a book I will have it published.
                  >
                  > Won Park
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > --- In moneyfolders_unite@yahoogroups.com, "esiu5354" <esiu5354@>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I was wondering if Won Park had created a book or has diagrams of
                  his
                  > > creations published in any book, such as his pegasus and other
                  > > creations found on his deviant page.
                  > >
                  >
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.