Getting Won to New York for OUSA convention

  • Andrew Hans
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2006
      Won, and whoever else may remember this thread:

      I did some checking with the folks at OUSA. They have an award
      called the Florence Temko award where they "sponsor" a "lone folder"
      and try to bring him into the fold. Alas, the award is open to only
      those who have never attended an OUSA convention. Won has attended a
      convention in 2002 I believe. Hence, not eligible. Next up?
      Fundraisers to get him here.

      Doing a quick check of airfares from Honolulu to New York shows
      roundtrip flights starting at $700. Not bad. Figuring in all the
      essentials and logistics including the cost for a one week stay at
      the dorms at FIT (where convention is held) and that total will
      probably rise to the 1200 to 1300 dollar range. Not cheap, but not
      as bad as I was expecting.

      Won, if you are seriously considering maybe coming next year, I would
      be happy to host you at my house for the days before and after
      convention, and I live only about 40 miles from JFK. Not a hard
      drive at all for me. That would cut your costs some.

      Think it over. There are a lot of dollar folders drooling over the
      chance to see you and your amazing work.

      I count myself lucky to have already met and folded with you--I look
      forward to doing so again.

      Andrew