Re: [moneyfolders_unite] Won Park folds and others

  • Kathy Knapp
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2013

      From: David Donahue <davidwires@...>

      Kathy Knapp
      I was perusing e-bay and saw this Koi by Jack Willson27, and the way it is stated, he seems to indicate it is his. Won is not mentioned.

      David,
      I found that contacting the seller directly has been effective, questioning the authenticity of their offer and their right to pass off the work as their own when the rest of us know the source of the talent and designs.

      This person may think that a slight variation somehow makes it theirs

      WE can remind them of the ethics of origami and copyright infringement.

      As many of us that can contact the seller and remind them of the impropriety of their actions and how the community of money folders are not enthralled with someone that folds someone else’s models and sells them without permission from the original artist.

      David, thanks for your words, and I just did visit the site in question, and sent him comments and questions.  No threats, yet. If he replies to me, I'll let you know.

      Kathy Knapp,
      Peoria, Illinois, USA
      Do well your part today. - Juliette Gordon Low