Won Park folds and others

  • David Donahue
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2013
      Kathy Knapp
      I was perusing e-bay and saw this Koi by Jack Willson27, and the way it is stated, he seems to indicate it is his. Won is not mentioned.

      David,
      I found that contacting the seller directly has been effective, questioning the authenticity of their offer and their right to pass off the work as their own when the rest of us know the source of the talent and designs.

      This person may think that a slight variation somehow makes it theirs

      WE can remind them of the ethics of origami and copyright infringement.

      As many of us that can contact the seller and remind them of the impropriety of their actions and how the community of money folders are not enthralled with someone that folds someone else’s models and sells them without permission from the original artist.

      Each one of us that is interested in doing so may need to create a profile on E-bay,

       I did and the person that was selling a CD with 300 origami models pulled it after being contacted… she insisted that they were her own and if she offered this disc as a resale of a collection it would have been OK, so she pulled it for obvious reasons….

      If you recognize a model contact them and tell them that the model they claim to be theirs belongs to so and so and that you are annoyed that by exclusion that people think that they are the designer, however well the model was folded, ( yes compliment them)  that it is not right or fair for them to do so.

      Just to let you know when Won Parks  app was pulled I had contacted all the advertisers that were involved with the app promoter, apple and the app maker, I’d like to think that it helped. Now that there are other artists involved maybe it’s time for more folders to be involved…

      The seller may think that they are untouchable and on the outside fringe, isolated, in need of recognition, this is not the way to do it and we can let them know that it we won’t rest, and really who offers such a nice model for $4.00

      Nice people like us are often reluctant to go on the offensive, so let’s let them know that if you mess with nice people, your life is going to get messy.

      Talk is cheap so let’s not get cheap when we talk. What do they say? Put your money where your mouth is?

      --
    • Kathy Knapp
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8, 2013

        From: David Donahue <davidwires@...>

        Kathy Knapp
        I was perusing e-bay and saw this Koi by Jack Willson27, and the way it is stated, he seems to indicate it is his. Won is not mentioned.

        David,
        I found that contacting the seller directly has been effective, questioning the authenticity of their offer and their right to pass off the work as their own when the rest of us know the source of the talent and designs.

        This person may think that a slight variation somehow makes it theirs

        WE can remind them of the ethics of origami and copyright infringement.

        As many of us that can contact the seller and remind them of the impropriety of their actions and how the community of money folders are not enthralled with someone that folds someone else’s models and sells them without permission from the original artist.

        David, thanks for your words, and I just did visit the site in question, and sent him comments and questions.  No threats, yet. If he replies to me, I'll let you know.

        Kathy Knapp,
        Peoria, Illinois, USA
        Do well your part today. - Juliette Gordon Low