Re: [moneyfolders_unite] The End of the Dollar Bill?

  • Chris Lott
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2012
      I have to say that while it would be sad for folders, I love it when I'm in Canada... one and two dollar coins are great.

      From: Michael <paperknight2003@...>

      Yes, this would be sad indeed for folders.  On the first link there is a place to vote.  It's not anything formal, but right now it is half and half.  Make your voice heard.  I understand the whole cost of making the money, but can you imagine carrying around 8 or 9 or more of the dollar coins in your pocket or coin purse?

      Kathy Knapp,
      Peoria, Illinois, USA
      Do well your part today. - Juliette Gordon Low

    • Gina Yeager
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2012
        This is sad.  Now, in this economy we will have to fold five dollar bills :o(

        Bad news for dollar folders should this come to pass: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ax-dollar-bills-save-money-congress-article-1.1211013 http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/11/29/166103071/no-killing-the-dollar-bill-would-not-save-the-government-money ---------------------------------------------------
        Yes, this would be sad indeed for folders.  On the first link there is a place to vote.  It's not anything formal, but right now it is half and half.  Make your voice heard.  I understand the whole cost of making the money, but can you imagine carrying around 8 or 9 or more of the dollar coins in your pocket or coin purse?

        Kathy Knapp,Peoria, Illinois, USA
        Do well your part today. - Juliette Gordon Low
      • siouxgeo
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2012
          They could recoup some of it from TSA...
          http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/13/passengers-reportedly-left-410g-in-change-at-airport-security-checkpoints-in/