Is anyone here from the UK or folded pound notes before?

  • snizzbut
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2012
      I was wondering if it is possible to use british paper money for dollar origami. (especially won parks koi its beautiful!)
    • origamimark
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2012
        Hi Snizzbut

        British paper money is great for origami, with many models lending themselves to this medium. New crisp notes are more successful than tatty old ones.

        I regularly entertain my friends, bar staff and such with models made from Britih notes. Some examples include a shirt (with and without tie), butterfly, airoplane, pig, rabbit, beating heart, begging dog, and many others. You may have to adjust the folding if working from a dollar bill design, but most should work.

        Regards

        Mark