Dollar Bill Sail Boat Diagrams?

  • jonnyboy3232
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2012
      Hey Moneyfolders!

      So I was perusing google for something new to fold today and came across this little beauty, http://www.flickr.com/photos/garibiilan/4326824619/

      So I was wondering, does anyone have a sail boat diagram they would like to share and/or any ideas on how to fold a boat to look like this? I'm up for a personal challenge as I eagerly await Won Parks new book, http://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Origami-Transforming-Dollar-Priceless/dp/1937994023/ref=pd_sim_b_4  as I am sure many of you are too.

      Jonnyboy323
    • Diana Lee
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3, 2012
        There is a $sailboat on this page:
          http://www.origami-resource-center.com/money.html

      • Nano Byte
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2012
          I too have it :

          http://www.drunk-fu.com/money/thing/thing/sailboat01.html

          On 6/2/12 6:38 PM, jonnyboy3232 wrote:
          > Hey Moneyfolders!
          >
          > So I was perusing google for something new to fold today and came across
          > this little beauty, http://www.flickr.com/photos/garibiilan/4326824619/
          >
          > So I was wondering, does anyone have a sail boat diagram they would like
          > to share and/or any ideas on how to fold a boat to look like this? I'm
          > up for a personal challenge as I eagerly await Won Parks new book,
          > http://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Origami-Transforming-Dollar-Priceless/dp/1937994023/ref=pd_sim_b_4
          > as I am sure many of you are too.
          >
          > Jonnyboy323
        • fesslerforge
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 4, 2012
            I took a look at the Flickr image you posted and reverse engineered it to create something very similar.

            Here is my result.

            I took photos of most of the process and put them together here.  It's not great, I'll have to make better diagrams later but this might get you on the right path to making your own.

            Hope this helps.
            Scott

            --- In moneyfolders_unite@yahoogroups.com, Nano Byte <origami@...> wrote:

            > I too have it :
            >
            > http://www.drunk-fu.com/money/thing/thing/sailboat01.html
            >

            > On 6/2/12 6:38 PM, jonnyboy3232 wrote:
            > > Hey Moneyfolders!
            > >
            > > So I was perusing google for something new to fold today and came across
            > > this little beauty, http://www.flickr.com/photos/garibiilan/4326824619/
            > >
            > > So I was wondering, does anyone have a sail boat diagram they would like
            > > to share and/or any ideas on how to fold a boat to look like this? I'm
            > > up for a personal challenge as I eagerly await Won Parks new book,
            > > http://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Origami-Transforming-Dollar-Priceless/dp/1937994023/ref=pd_sim_b_4
            > > as I am sure many of you are too.
            > >
            > > Jonnyboy323

          • fesslerforge
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 5, 2012

              I hope it makes enough sense that you will be able to muddle through it :)

              If the image appears really tiny, then click the word 'Original' where it says View: Medium | Large | Original and it should resize to a legible image.
            • jonnyboy3232
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 6, 2012
                I just wanted to thank everyone so far. These are awesome! I feel like in no time we could be giving Patricia Crawford and her Full-rigged ship a run for her money :) Thanks again for the help everyone!

                Jonnyboy323