RE: [moneyfolders_unite]

  • Gulledge, Bo (DOC)
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2010

      Yes.  There’s a version with a one inch horizontal slit at the centerline that gives a good illusion of two bills folded in quarters and laying crossed, one over the other.

      Best Regards,

      Franklin "Bo" Gulledge
      Technical Project Manager
      Northrop Grumman Corporation
      Information Technology Sector

      c/o KY Dept of Corrections
      Health Service Building
      275 East Main Street - Room G21

      Frankfort, KY 40602-2400
      USA

      franklin.gulledge@...
      502-645-3483

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2010

        Here are verbal instruction that should not be too difficult to follow.  I saw this years ago in a pamphlet titled, “Money Magic” by Jean Hugard.

        1.       Fold and unfold bill in half horizontally

        2.       Fold and unfold bill in half vertically

        3.       Fold the left short edge to the vertical crease at the center and make a pinch mark at the top edge of the bill then unfold

        4.       Fold the right short edge to the vertical crease at the center and make a pinch mark at the bottom edge of the bill then unfold

        5.       Take sharp knife and make a one and a half inch horizontal slit at the centerline with half the slit on each side of the vertical crease.

        6.       Make a diagonal fold from the top left pinch mark to the left end of the slit

        7.       Make a diagonal fold from the bottom right pinch mark to  right end of the slit

        8.       Collapse on the creases to look like two crossed bills.

        Best Regards,

        Franklin "Bo" Gulledge
        Technical Project Manager
        Northrop Grumman Corporation
        Information Technology Sector

        c/o KY Dept of Corrections
        Health Service Building
        275 East Main Street - Room G21

        Frankfort, KY 40602-2400
        USA

        franklin.gulledge@...
        502-645-3483

        «please help.was wondering if there is a way to fold a bill so it looks like 2 bills.thanks

      • Nano
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2010
          The Double Crane looks like two bills. It's great because people are shocked
          to learn it's actually one.

          < 10/31/10 10:19 PM | embb13@... <

          --
          He's not dead, he's electroencephalographically challenged.
        • Sy Chen
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2010
            It is really interesting challenge. Some of the color changing  or double object models could be the possible candidates. I would also love to see some simpler designs.

            Here I would like to shamelessly plug my own model - "Two Intersecting Tubes". It was originally designed from one piece 3x7 duo-color paper. It can be folded from dollar bill in theory but I never did it in person.

            Here is the picture of my model through internet:

            http://www.flickr.com/photos/jon_tucker/4744903080/in/set-72157624381715332/

            On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 10:19 PM, embb13 <embb13@...> wrote:
             «please help.was wondering if there is a  way to fold a bill so it looks like 2 bills.thanks

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               moneyfolders_unite-digest@yahoogroups.com
               moneyfolders_unite-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Gulledge, Bo (DOC)
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 2, 2010

              I made one of these late yesterday.  Make the diagonal folds as mountain folds.  Also, I prefer to get the bills to cross at near right angles to one another to sell the effect better.

              Do light soft folds for the diagonal folds just to get the paper to generally bend in the right direction.

              Fold the bill in half top to bottom first.

              Pick up the bill in your hands holding opposite ends with the folded edge downwards.

              Bring your hands together slowly and you’ll see the double bill illusion forming.

              Pick the angle you want the bills to cross at and then firm up the final creases.

              Take care to hide the diagonal crease evidence on the inside so as not to spoil the illusion.

              Happy Folding!