Videos on Demand?

  • Dawn Tucker
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
      The frustration level with not getting videos as requested seems to come from the idea that a person who requests a video on the website is somehow entitled to having his wish fulfilled, and that there is an arbitrary "reasonable time limit" on the granting of said wish. I'm not sure where that idea comes from.

      As I see it, membership in this group is free, and I think it's quite generous of Won and other designers and folders to allow us access to their diagrams, instructions., photos, and videos.  Each of those things, when posted, is a gift. I appreciated the variety of resources made available to me each time I open an update or consult the archives.

      The fact that I may want a certain diagram or video doesn't somehow give me the right to demand it, and then complain - or throw a tantrum - when others don't give it to me on my schedule, I don't beleive there were any stated or implied rights to "what you want when you want it" upon joining this group. Membership and use of resources is a privilege, for which we can all be grateful. Members' time is their own.

      And with ALL due respect to Won and other brilliant desginers, nimble-fingered folders, and visionary video makers - and I absolutely DO respect and appreciate your talents - please allow me to say to Bry'an:  C'mon man! It's not LIFE OR DEATH - it's "just" (and I use that word advisedly...) IT'S JUST ORIGAMI! If you can't make the camera yet, make something else!

      Dawn

    • Alayna
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
        I totally agree dawn. Gonna make this short and sweet, but to those out there looking for video help and haven't got it yet, like dawn said, consider everything everyone HAS done a gift, and with all due respect, quit being so demanding. If anyone has intention of making a "how to" video for the camera or koi fish or anything else, they'll get to it when they have the time. But you got to keep in mind everyone has a life and a schedule of their own, and not everyone can tend to your every whim. Just be patient, and maybe some day a video will be posted, but by demanding things this very second, that'll get you no where.
        Alayna T.

        --- In moneyfolders_unite@yahoogroups.com, Dawn Tucker <dawn_slp@...> wrote:

        > The frustration level with not getting videos as requested seems to come from the idea that a person who requests a video on the website is somehow entitled to having his wish fulfilled, and that there is an arbitrary "reasonable time limit" on the granting of said wish. I'm not sure where that idea comes from.
        >
        > As I see it, membership in this group is free, and I think it's quite generous of Won and other designers and folders to allow us access to their diagrams, instructions., photos, and videos.  Each of those things, when posted, is a gift. I appreciated the variety of resources made available to me each time I open an update or consult the archives.
        >
        > The fact that I may want a certain diagram or video doesn't somehow give me the right to demand it, and then complain - or throw a tantrum - when others don't give it to me on my schedule, I don't beleive there were any stated or implied rights to "what you want when you want it" upon joining this group. Membership and use of resources is a privilege, for which we can all be grateful. Members' time is their own.
        >
        > And with ALL due respect to Won and other brilliant desginers, nimble-fingered folders, and visionary video makers - and I absolutely DO respect and appreciate your talents - please allow me to say to Bry'an:  C'mon man! It's not LIFE OR DEATH - it's "just" (and I use that word advisedly...) IT'S JUST ORIGAMI! If you can't make the camera yet, make something else!
        >
        > Dawn

      • Valerie Barthelmess
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
          well said! thank you dawn!

          --
          ...swimming in this real thing I call life, can I bring a few companions on this ride?

        • Bry'an Rashad

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
              I agree.

              --
              Sent from my mobile device
            • Howard Smith
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
                Dawn,

                I agree with you about the diagrams and videos, if Bryan and others aren't creative enough to design their own stuff they should wait until Won and others to publish a book with diagrams of their designs.  I for one would definitely purchase a book of Won's' diagrams at full price (and be grateful to get it).
                Howard

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
                  Dawn,  You said it very well!  Thank you.  I have not even tried the
                  camera or koi, as I don't have the time to deal with it now as I know that they are above what I can easily fold.  I am
                  content doing and learning other dollar folds. Someday, I will learn them, and when Won's book is published, I will purchase it.  I am appreciative of any and all help that is offered.
                  I try to be of help when I know an answer, or can look it up. Learning by sharing is good.

                  Kathy Knapp,
                  Peoria, Illinois, USA

                  Do well your part today.-  Juliette Gordon Low

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
                    Very well stated Dawn.  I have been enjoying reading the emails in our group.  I am very thankful for the generosity of those who spent time to organize and keep this site runnings, since my talents of working with computer is as limited as my foldings.  Above all I have deep appreciations to the inventor, with mr Won in mind.for sharing his invention. I am still slowly mastering the koi..but I know I will as the means conveying the diagram will come .  I am not in frustration after failing to make mr. Won Koi for many weeks.But it comes along, even my co workers recognize it.  I also learn from readings the emails in our group. Most members are courteous and resourceful with The Exception of a few sour , crying juvenile who harass inventors for teaching their creations. free of charge.   It is better from these not to join the forum but just check in at local bookstore,  I regret that from now on I will not abe to read indiscreminately  but have chek  out the sender and delete (such as this Brya@#39.. )  before wasting my time reading the content of the juvenile whining of what that was not even their.

                    dont bite the hands that feed us

                    Thanks all, Todd

                     "Bry&#39;an Rashad" <bryan.rashad@...>

                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 9, 2010
                          As far as I know, there are no online instructions on how to fold US dollar bills into heads with hats.  But if you study these videos and links, you might be able to find the folds to give a good end-product.  If you figure it out, let us know!

                          Go here:
                            http://www.origami-resource-center.com/money.html

                          and click onto links beside $Turban Noguchi;

                          Diana