Favorite quick fold

  • thebigbluevan
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31, 2009
      Best moneyfold under 15 minutes?

      My vote goes to the Armadillo by Jim Cowling. Quick, cute, and has a good "recognition quotient." I just made that term up, but I think you know what I mean!

      And, to my horror, I've just realized I've never held on to one long enough to photograph it!

      Here's where you can find instructions and a photo:

      http://www.origami-resource-center.com/money-origami.html

      -e
    • oninesm
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2009
        I nominate the fluttering butterfly.

        http://www.giladorigami.com/swami/POP/butterfly.gif

        I don't know the exact history, but I guess it's John Andrisan's dollar bill adaptation of a Robert Neale model.

        It's recognizable, extremely fast to fold (certainly in the under 3 minutes category), and models with action are guaranteed kid-pleasers.
      • Kathy Knapp
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2009

          --- On Tue, 9/1/09, thebigbluevan <origamiguy@...> wrote:

          Best moneyfold under 15 minutes?
            I've never held on to one long enough to photograph it!

          I just folded an armadillo for the waiter tonight.  I had trouble with sink folding the ears, but it still was recognizable.  The next will be better.

          I ,too, have had a problem of not having a record of what I have folded.  Finally, I started keeping one copy of what I fold, but that gets expensive!

          My favorite, for the first time at a restaurant is Rachel Katz's $2 Pant Suit.  I also use it with higher denominations for graduation gifts.  It fits into a card, and a note can be added to help purchase something new.  Adding one folded from ones, allows them to fold the expensive Pant Suit, and keep the $2 one, and it will always spend.

          It is always well received, and can be folded in a minute or maybe two.

          http://www.origamiwithrachelkatz.com/folding/pantsuit.htm

          Kathy Knapp

          .

        • John Andrisan
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2009
            >I don't know the exact history, but I guess it's
            John Andrisan's dollar bill adaptation of a Robert Neale model.

            Correct.  My goal was to make the model look more like a butterfly.
            john
          • oninesm
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2, 2009
              You certainly succeeded on that front. Kudos!

              --- In moneyfolders_unite@yahoogroups.com, John Andrisan <Andrisan@...> wrote:

              > >I don't know the exact history, but I guess it's John Andrisan's
              > dollar bill adaptation of a Robert Neale model.
              >
              > Correct. My goal was to make the model look more like a butterfly.
              > john

            • patchygroove
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 4, 2009
                The elephant from the Buck Book! I've been folding that one for years. It doesn't matter if it's a tip, a party trick, a waste of time... people love it.

                picture:
                http://www.pasadenarepublican.org/Gallery/images/ElephantFold.jpg