Re: Won Park Dollar Koi Tutorial Uploaded | Thank you

  • honda2003
    Message 1 of 12 , May 7, 2009
      To every one who made the Koi Fish videos possable,
      I would like to extend my sincere thanks as well.

      To all of you, the best of health. [honda/C.Mc.]

      --- In moneyfolders_unite@yahoogroups.com, "Teresa Tsang" <teresatsang@...> wrote:

      Hi Michael,

      My sincere thanks to the producer, the director, the actor, the cameraman, the sound editor, the picture editor and the "sponsor". You all did a wonderful job, really appreciate that. BTW, Won, are you left handed?

      --Teresa

      --- In moneyfolders_unite@yahoogroups.com, "paperknight2003" <paperknight2003@> wrote:

      Teresa,

      Thank you. Yukie's entire family also deserves a bit of thanks, as they exercised tremendous patience in indulging us our late night folding sessions in their dining room area. It was a real home invasion for four nights; when we were filming, Yukie would "scold" Skunkie the dog for any pitter-patter noises, kids making noise, toilet flushes, etc. She tried to keep those distractions to a minimal for the sake of the video.

      Pauline,

      I'm sorry if you're having trouble following along. The person in the video is Won Park, the designer. What he is doing in the beginning, is going through the diagrams painstakingly drawn up by Marcio, and offering corrections and updates to folding sequence. Besides doing that, he is folding, step by step.

      You do have the diagrams, right? You can find them in the Group's file section if you don't have them. If the diagrams and videos are still of little help, you also have access to these imperfect step-photos: http://havepaperwilltravel.shutterfly.com/183

      Other than that, I'd say not to get frustrated, but to keep practicing. It's not a beginner's model and even the most perfect teacher can't magically impart knowledge even if it were teaching one-on-one, and in person.

      Keep working on it; don't give up; and appreciate the wonders of the internet. A decade ago, we didn't have this kind of technology that allows us to share and impart information like this. If it weren't for internet sharing, many people still wouldn't even know about Won Park at all, let alone directions to folding his koi.

      Eventually, there will be a book and professionally-produced dvd developed. Until then, this will have to do.

      Good luck, and feel free to ask questions and ask for help from the Group. If you live in the Los Angeles area, come to the Westcoast Origami Guild and either I or Yukie would probably be able to help you, personally.

      michael http://havepaperwilltravel.shutterfly.com/183

      --- In moneyfolders_unite@yahoogroups.com, "pshreiman@" <pshreiman@> wrote:

      Why can't people in these videos actually fold the papers step by step instead of showing instructions from a paper. Us beginners like me are lost. Pauline

      Message 2 of 12 , May 8, 2009
        I just wanted to chime in. I think the videos are great. They have
        really helped me a lot in my folding. I still need a lot of practice,
        and my koi at the moment looks like a catfish. I am certain though
        that with patience I will improve. Thanks for all your hard work Won!

        Sent from my mobile device
      • Nhung Nguyen
        Message 3 of 12 , May 9, 2009
          thank for that! am so slow in every thing :)

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 13, 2009
            Wanted to add my Thanks also. I appreciate the work done with the videos and instructions!