Advance digrams

  • nylaomar
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
      Hi eveyone,
      I am new to this group. I have been doing money origami for three
      years. I wanted to see if anyone was from San Diego and wanted to trade
      some learned origami. I have been looking for books on some of the more
      advanced origami like the crab, scorpian, hammerhead shark, etc. If
      anyone knows where to get these books or where I could find these
      diagrams, I would really appreciate it and would trade some of the
      origami I know if you do not have.
    • juliacavina
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
        I just did a MSN search and came up with this.
        http://www.heritagesource.com/Heritage%20Pages/origami.htm#MoneyFolding

        Hope that helps. Julia
      • completeandtotalstranger
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2008
          I'm in SD but probably no more advanced than you. There's a group that
          meets in Solana Beach (which, if you're the Omar that goes to that
          group, you already know). Jeramy Schafer has a book that has the crab
          in it called Origami to Astonish & Amuse. I couldn't conceptually get
          teh diagrams the first time I tried, but the second time it was easy.

          --- In moneyfolders_unite@yahoogroups.com, "nylaomar" <nylaomar@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi eveyone,
          > I am new to this group. I have been doing money origami for three
          > years. I wanted to see if anyone was from San Diego and wanted to
          trade
          > some learned origami. I have been looking for books on some of the
          more
          > advanced origami like the crab, scorpian, hammerhead shark, etc. If
          > anyone knows where to get these books or where I could find these
          > diagrams, I would really appreciate it and would trade some of the
          > origami I know if you do not have.

        • Freddie Chambers
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2008
            Thanks for the info. Is there a contact for the group that meets in Solana Beach?

          • vietice@hotmail.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 4, 2008
              Any origami group in FL? thanks

              -tom

              Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2008 2:51 AM
              Subject: [moneyfolders_unite] Re: Advance digrams

              wrote:

              > Hi
              eveyone,
              > I am new to this group. I have been doing money origami for
              three
              > years. I wanted to see if anyone was from San Diego and wanted to
              trade
              > some learned origami. I have been looking for books on some
              of the
              more
              > advanced origami like the crab, scorpian, hammerhead
              shark, etc. If
              > anyone knows where to get these books or where I could
              find these
              > diagrams, I would really appreciate it and would trade some
              of the
              > origami I know if you do not have.

            • Judy Pruitt
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 4, 2008
                Hi, Tom -

                We have a group that meets on the west coast of FL on Anna Maria Island - between Tampa/St Pete and Sarasota.  We meet the 2nd Saturday of each month (but please check, sometimes there is a scheduling conflict a couple of times a year) at the Island Library on Marina Drive in Holmes Beach.

                Our group is "A.M.I.gami" and we meet at 10:00am to about 1:00pm or so.  Our next meeting will be this coming Saturday, August 9th.  If you are in our area please join us.

                If you have any questions - you can call the library at 941-778-3641 or you can contact me. Thanks!

                There is also a group that meets at New College of Florida on the Sarasota/Bradenton border on Rt. 41 at 5:30pm on Tuesdays - but it's best to check before hand - you can contact Sonia Wu at swu@... - because of the college schedules.

                There is also another group that meets in south Sarasota - they also meet on Tuesdays - you can check with Frank Beck and/or Judy Hall.  Sorry - I don't have any contact info handy.

                Thanks - hope to see you!

                Judy Pruitt