Re:$100 Bird

  • TJSAIRIGAMIDO@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2008
      Eric,
       You did a very nice job re-illustrating and photographing my $100 Bill Bird. I designed this on a bet, but the final results were satisfying. Your fold plans are excellent (better than mine).
       I plan to teach a Dollar Bill Polyhedra design class on Monday of the Origami USA convention at the end of June. I extend an invitation to everyone in the group to attend. I will post the handouts on the Moneyfolders Unite page following my presentation (especially for Young). Designs include all original Platonic Solids to include a very easy method to fold a step-by-step icosahedron. I will also include other lesser known structures (like the Icosadodecahedron - AKA soccer ball) and information on optimizing designs to minimize surface area while maximizing volume.
      Thanks,
      Elmer A. Norvell
    • Eric Strand
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2008
        Thanks for the vote of confidence! I'm really just a beginner trying
        to contribute to a group that has encouraged me to develop my skills.
        I look forward to seeing your handouts. Wish I could join all of you
        at the convention.

        A side note: can someone give a short list of which annual collections
        contain money folds? I would love the acquire all of them, but I'll
        start with the ones having the best models first.