how to cut from a normal origami paper to one dollar bill size ?

  • who want to know !
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
      hello,
      i am in Europe and our currency is different from US,can some teach me
      how to cut from a origami paper to the size of one dollar bill ?

      Thanks and sorry for my broken english.....

      Regards,
      EK
    • Teri Riggins

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
          >can some teach me how to cut from a origami paper to the size of one dollar bill ?

          With your sheet (A4 or 8 1/2 by 11) in position so that the long edge is vertical (portrait mode), lightly fold a 45 degree angle in one of the lower corners and unfold it.

          At the same corner lightly fold a bisector to the 45 degree angle from the bottom, and pinch the place on the vertical side where this fold crosses it.

          Lastly, fold horizontally across the sheet using this pinch mark to get a 1 by 1+sqrt(2) rectangle, which is a good approximation of the $US shape.

          You can get three such rectangles from an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet.

          john