5604Re: [moneyfolders_unite] new to $ origami

  • Sy Chen
    Jan 2, 2014
      I did have some fun to play with your "60" ideas. I came up with 3 simple methods.
      See this link;

      1. Play with dollar bill borders. Use dark background to make the white border stand out.
      2. Play with edge. It is just wire word technique.
      3. Play with pattern. Can you see "60"? This approach is based on my earlier attempt of spelling "80".

      Only two dollar bills are used for each method. If six dollars is your preference,  I will consider adapting my 6 piece modular magic ring star from squares. The design is based on Robert Neale's famous 8 piece magic star. The 6 pointed star can be transformed into ring (0). It is perfect for "60" celebration. I will post another photo if my adaption is successful.

      Or you can try some of the box-pleating technique to make words. Wensdy Whitehead use it heavily on her designs. One of them can be obtained from OrigamiUSA:

      I never checked the source. You might find something else.

      Happy new year and happy folding!

      Sy

      On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 5:34 PM, <thestefanbunch@...> wrote:

      I just came across your group while I was googling, trying to find instructions for various ideas that I've seen.

      Myself and my children have recently started doing $ origami cards.  A friend asked us if we could create something using 6 bills for her sister-in-law's 60th bday.  I have some ideas for this card if I could only find how to create alphabet letters and the numbers.  Does anyone know where I might instructions or video showing me how to do letters from dollar bills?

      3 other items that I came across that I could use at a later date are a graduation cap, maple leaf and also a hammer.  Any idea where I might find instructions to create either of these?

      Lastly, is there a section in the files or on the internet that could be used for inspiration for greeting cards?

      I look forward to learning as much as I can from this group.  This has become my new passion.

      Rosy

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic