senegal

  • warrentreut
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2006
      HI - My son Peter is in a village near Foundiougne (SW of Kaolack) and
      is a sustainable AG volunteer. How to stay in contact- hmm, tough
      one. Petie has bought a cell phone there and I try to send him an
      email or text message as to when I will call. His Dad has an AT&T cell
      and has had no problem getting TM's to him, I have Verizon Wireless and
      none of my TM's have made it to date. Peter is not the best
      correspondent. I do better talking directly with him and thus I will
      be switching over to AT& T. Anything to stay in contact with my "baby"
      who is now having this life altering experience of which I feel I am
      compeltely missing.
      I regularly read Megan's blog (www.pcvmegan.org) as I have found
      pictures of Petie and other volunteers a detailed description of what
      is going on. Megan is also an AG volunteer and in a village close to
      Pete so it is a vicarious experience at best.
      Yes, I plan to visit and the pcv schedule will dictate as well. I think
      we are all planning on gathering in Portugal, finances permitting for
      Christmas 2006 and then again if finances hold out, I would like to go
      to Senegal to see and understand better the pcv experience. As time
      ticks on, they grow I guess we have done our job well to raise our kids
      to be independent, but did they have to choose West Africa to do it?
      Kidding of course but I miss not seeing him. Pete spent a year in
      Australia so I guess I should be getting used to this? -ECW (Pete's
      Mom)
    • Jacqueline Guyer
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 14, 2006
        Great to hear from you. We're going to see Meryl in Naples, Italy
        soon and will share your comments. We're still waiting on pictures
        although I've seen some on Snapfish--I'll find out whose they were.
        Really great slide show of about 70 or so pictures.

        --
        Jacque