Re: [MP2] Disable Perl*Handlers for sublocations

  • Garrison Hoffman
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 19, 2005
      Frank Maas wrote:

      > You state that this is an Apache thing, but I tend to disagree slightly.
      > All handlers are defined using a Perl* prefix and this triggers mod_perl,
      > not Apache. AFAIK the Apache configuration does not let you tamper with
      > the request-phases directly.

      You are correct, and had I done more than make a guess I would have seen
      that for myself; more generally, however, I was attempting to point out
      that I believe mod_perl gives enough control over all Apache phases to
      accomplish your goal, either with Config Directives (as I thought) or by
      simply adding another handler (as Geoff suggested).

      If your handlers are specific to VirtualHost containers, another
      approach would be to call your images from a different VirtualHost
      (images.host.tld); using mod_rewrite/mod_alias you wouldn't even have to
      change the HTML.
      Garrison Hoffman Codefix Consulting 1.718.210.3445
      garrison@... http://codefix.net/ 1.866.456.0584