mod_perl 1.28 + 1.29 seg fault

  • Terry, Jason
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2005
      Net::SSLeay causes a seg fault in mod_perl. This only happens in
      mod_perl when using RegistryLoader on a script in apache startup.

      For example if I have this line
      Apache::RegistryLoader->new->handler('myscript.cgi',
      "/home/htmlmanager/public_html/myscript.cgi");

      But if I don't load the file in RegistryLoader then everything works.

      I've tried several versions of Net::SSLeay and OpenSSL to no avail. I
      recompiled everything to get this gdb output.

      [src]# gdb httpd
      GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.3.0.0-1.21rh)
      are
      conditions.
      There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for
      details.
      This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu"...Using host
      libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

      (gdb) run -X -f /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf
      Starting program: /home/jter/working/apache_1.3.33/src/httpd -X -f
      /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf
      Reading symbols from shared object read from target memory...done.
      Loaded system supplied DSO at 0xb45000
      [New Thread 1152704 (LWP 8477)]

      [Switching to Thread 1152704 (LWP 8477)]
      0x00af4866 in ssl3_version_str () from /lib/libssl.so.5
      (gdb) bt
      #0 0x00af4866 in ssl3_version_str () from /lib/libssl.so.5
      #1 0x00000020 in ?? ()
      #2 0x0835dd9d in PBE2PARAM_seq_tt ()
      #3 0x0000005a in ?? ()
      #4 0x0c0ed538 in ?? ()