Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: Looking for good MP2 reference material

Expand Messages
  • Perrin Harkins
    ... Sure, but I thought you were looking for information about Perl modules. ... Yes, other people have posted things on the list for feedback in the past. -
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 3, 2005
      On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 14:27 -0500, Boysenberry Payne wrote:
      > Isn't mod_perl 2 an Apache 2.0 Module, so that even if the book doesn't
      > talk about
      > MP2 directly, an understanding of how MP2 fits with Apache2 might be
      > gleamed?

      Sure, but I thought you were looking for information about Perl modules.

      > Great way to get started, thanks. As far as mod_perl tutorials go, can
      > I submit them
      > here before I publish to get pointers, etc without causing unwanted
      > traffic or noise?

      Yes, other people have posted things on the list for feedback in the
      past.

      - Perrin
    • Foo Ji-Haw
      ... I agree on your point on mod_perl development. I am glad that it has finally moved out of 1.999 and into its own namespace this year. I m still
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 3, 2005
        > That's completely untrue. No mod_perl development is waiting for Perl6
        > in any way.
        I agree on your point on mod_perl development. I am glad that it has finally
        moved out of 1.999 and into its own namespace this year. I'm still
        experiencing some problems with Apache2::Cookies, but that's another story
        altogether. Overall MP2 is great.

        > Alison Randal recently mentioned in a use.perl.org post that sales of
        > O'Reilly's Perl books are up.
        Ok, I did remember reading an interview with Tim O'Reilly about how he was
        talking about lowered sales of Perl books. But I dug the web and I can't the
        reference. So I guess I have to take that back for now.
      • Perrin Harkins
        ... Maybe you mean this one: http://www.oreilly.com/pub/a/oreilly/ask_tim/2004/perl_0707.html However, there is no mention of a sales slump in that, and the
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 3, 2005
          Foo Ji-Haw wrote:
          > Ok, I did remember reading an interview with Tim O'Reilly about how he was
          > talking about lowered sales of Perl books. But I dug the web and I can't the
          > reference.

          Maybe you mean this one:
          http://www.oreilly.com/pub/a/oreilly/ask_tim/2004/perl_0707.html

          However, there is no mention of a sales slump in that, and the graph he
          links to there doesn't show any significant decline in sales of Perl books.

          - Perrin
        • Philip M. Gollucci
          ... The perl.apache.org site is also /relatively/ new... I think early 2004 it saw creation? News is getting out and it is the most up to date source of API
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 3, 2005
            Perrin Harkins wrote:
            > However, there is no mention of a sales slump in that, and the graph he
            > links to there doesn't show any significant decline in sales of Perl books.
            The perl.apache.org site is also /relatively/ new... I think early 2004 it saw
            creation?

            News is getting out and it is the most up to date source of API documentation
            for mod_perl. Maybe people are realizing it and deciding they don't need to buy
            as many books?


            --
            END
            ------------------------------------------------------------
            What doesn't kill us can only make us stronger.
            Nothing is impossible.

            Philip M. Gollucci (pgollucci@...) 301.254.5198
            Consultant / http://p6m7g8.net/Resume/
            Senior Developer / Liquidity Services, Inc.
            http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com
            http://www.liquidation.com
            http://www.uksurplus.com
            http://www.govliquidation.com
            http://www.gowholesale.com
          • Perrin Harkins
            ... Hmmm, not sure where you got that idea, Philip. The site has been around for many years. I don t even know how old it is because when I first heard of
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 3, 2005
              Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
              > The perl.apache.org site is also /relatively/ new... I think early 2004
              > it saw creation?

              Hmmm, not sure where you got that idea, Philip. The site has been
              around for many years. I don't even know how old it is because when I
              first heard of mod_perl (in 1998) it already existed. However, the nice
              design it has now (thanks to hard work by a few generous people) is
              fairly new.

              - Perrin
            • Foo Ji-Haw
              Thanks for the link. I stand corrected on the book sales then. ... From: Perrin Harkins To: Foo Ji-Haw Cc:
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 4, 2005
                Thanks for the link. I stand corrected on the book sales then.

                ----- Original Message -----
                From: "Perrin Harkins" <perrin@...>
                To: "Foo Ji-Haw" <jhfoo@...>
                Cc: "Boysenberry Payne" <boysenberry@...>; "mod_perl"
                <modperl@...>
                Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 12:56 PM
                Subject: Re: Looking for good MP2 reference material


                > Foo Ji-Haw wrote:
                > > Ok, I did remember reading an interview with Tim O'Reilly about how he
                was
                > > talking about lowered sales of Perl books. But I dug the web and I can't
                the
                > > reference.
                >
                > Maybe you mean this one:
                > http://www.oreilly.com/pub/a/oreilly/ask_tim/2004/perl_0707.html
                >
                > However, there is no mention of a sales slump in that, and the graph he
                > links to there doesn't show any significant decline in sales of Perl
                books.
                >
                > - Perrin
              • Philip M. Gollucci
                ... Right the one Stas maintained. I was refering to the new design on perl.apache.org -- END ... What doesn t kill us can only make us stronger. Nothing is
                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 4, 2005
                  Perrin Harkins wrote:
                  > Hmmm, not sure where you got that idea, Philip. The site has been
                  > around for many years. I don't even know how old it is because when I
                  > first heard of mod_perl (in 1998) it already existed. However, the nice
                  > design it has now (thanks to hard work by a few generous people) is
                  > fairly new.
                  Right the one Stas maintained. I was refering to the new design on perl.apache.org

                  --
                  END
                  ------------------------------------------------------------
                  What doesn't kill us can only make us stronger.
                  Nothing is impossible.

                  Philip M. Gollucci (pgollucci@...) 301.254.5198
                  Consultant / http://p6m7g8.net/Resume/
                  Senior Developer / Liquidity Services, Inc.
                  http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com
                  http://www.liquidation.com
                  http://www.uksurplus.com
                  http://www.govliquidation.com
                  http://www.gowholesale.com
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.