Help: Global $r object is not available

  • Saurabh Soni
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2005

      I am upgrading my previous Apache 1.3.27 to 2.0.(54) (latest) for a

      perl application, both SSL enabled and on Win32. I have just setup

      Apache 2.0 with Mod_perl2(2.0.1). The problem is coming when I am

      trying to port application code. The following error is encountered

      during the execution of startup.pl:

      " $parms->add_config() has failed: Global $r object is not available.

      Set:\n\tPerlOptions +GlobalRequest\nin httpd.conf "

      Some old posts on the web suggested this to be a cgi.pm problem and so

      I installed the latest version of CGI but the problem still persists.

      Then, I updated and reinstalled the Apache2::Request module.

      I also explicitly put the "PerlOptions +GlobalRequest" statement in the

      httpd.conf file but the error is still there.

      Any suggestions/pointers/comments? Thanks

      Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.
      it.helpdesk@...