Large Caches - How Stateful?

  • Bill Whillers
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2005
      Can I improve inefficiencies with using Storable freeze/thaw on 2-6MB hashes
      assuming that all data in the hashes are necessary (for each session) and
      changing every-so-often?

      --> Is it possible to create an apache variable at server start-up that can be
      referenced read/write by all forked children allowing concurrent updates to
      the database and memory?

      (I hear the crowd shouting: "yea, it's called a database, Bill!")