Apache2::Cookie odd return values

  • John ORourke
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
      (mp 2.0.1, libapreq2-2.06-dev, httpd 2.0.51, Fedora Core 2)

      Hi folks,

      I've spent 2 days trying simply to read and write cookies! Just before
      I pack it in and become a paper boy, can anyone help?

      If you haven't time to read below but have some working cookie
      read/write freeze/thaw code or URLs I'd be grateful!

      It seems I can bake cookies no problem, they're appearing in the browser:

      $c_out_val=Apache2::Cookie->freeze($my_hash_ref);
      Apache2::Cookie->new( blah blah )->bake();

      But I just can't unfreeze them! I've tried the following ways to get my
      cookies:

      $jar=Apache2::Cookie::Jar->new($r)
      $jar=Apache2::Cookie->fetch($r)
      (I also tried using APR::Request::Cookie but it seems to be for Apache
      experts only, quite a confusing interface)

      ...but the cookie value is always "cookie_name=cookie_value", and with
      some variations I was getting a second cookie, with a blank value and
      the name was "cookie_name=cookie_value".

      Anyway, even when I strip the "cookie_name=" off the cookie value,
      Apache2::Cookie->thaw($value) just returns $value!

      Any help gratefully accepted,

      John O'Rourke
    • John ORourke
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
        (apologies if you get this twice)
[...]

      • Philip M. Gollucci
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
          Lets move this to apreq-dev (at) httpd.apache.org

          ** Remember to remove modperl@ from the reply list.

          > (mp 2.0.1, libapreq2-2.06-dev, httpd 2.0.51, Fedora Core 2)
          Not an issue, but httpd 2.0.54 is out since you're using the rest current :)

          I don't know about freeze/thaw, but I wrote this FAQ :)
          http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/coding/cooking.html#Sending_Cookies_Using_libapreq2

          > (I also tried using APR::Request::Cookie but it seems to be for Apache
          > experts only, quite a confusing interface)
          HA, I know you're not calling me an apache expert :)

          > Any help gratefully accepted,
          HTH