We're pleased to announce that Krang v1.999 is now available. This
is a test release leading up to the Krang v2.000 later this summer.
As you'll see Krang v1.999 is packed with new features!
Notable changes in this release:
* Add-On Version 2
The add-on v2 project is complete, bringing many improvements to the
way Krang add-ons work. Here's a list of the biggest changes:
* Add-ons are now located installed into a separate direction called
"addons/". They may be developed in-place, potentially under
separate version control.
* Add-ons may be packaged with dependencies from CPAN in a "src/"
directory. The Krang build system will build these modules at
* Add-ons may be uninstalled using the new "krang_addon_uninstaller"
script. (This does not apply to addons installed with the old
* Add-ons may register new links in the left-navigation area.
* Add-ons may selectively override core Krang classes via
inheritance and the use of the "conf/class.conf" configuration file.
* Add-ons may include SQL source for new tables which will be
included in the databases built by "krang_createdb".
* Scheduler Addons
* Added the ability to add external scheduler addons to Krang.
* Added conditional Scheduler link in left nav bar under admin section
This is for non story or media related administrative scheduler
addons. Link points to new admin scheduler screen. Allows you to use
scheduler addons in place of external scripts run by cron.
* Added support for Scheduler addon classes that are tied to story or
media content. This will show up in current scheduler screen.
* WYSIWYG HTML Editor
Added a new element class, Krang::ElementClass::XinhaEditor, which
* Upgraded to Apache v1.3.33.
This brings Krang up-to-date with all released Apache security
For more information about Krang, visit the Krang website:
There you can download Krang, view screenshots, read documentation,
join our mailing-lists and access the CVS tree.
Detailed change-log here: http://krang.sf.net/docs/changelog.html
Krang is an Open Source web-publisher / content-management system
designed for large-scale magazine-style websites. It is a 100% Perl
application using Apache/mod_perl and MySQL, as well as numerous CPAN
Krang provides a powerful and easy to use story and media editing
environment for magazine editors, as well as a complete template
development environment for web designers. On the back-end, Perl
programmers can customize Krang to control the data entered in the
story editor and add code to drive the templates to build
output. Krang can be enhanced with add-ons containing new skins and
other new features. Krang easily handles large data sets and can
manage multiple websites in a single installation.
- the Krang team