Apache2::AuthenNTLM and NTLMv2

  • podge@swiftdsl.com.au
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2005
      Can anyone else confirm if they have had either Apache::AuthenNTLM or
      Apache2::AuthenNTLM
      authenticate using only NTLMv2.

      I have found two posts that indicate that this is possible. Both are posts
      from the author (Excellent work Shannon!!) of the module and I completely believe
      that it was and can be done. However, I am having trouble.

      http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=106593351307463&w=2
      http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=106815463325108&w=2

      I can successfully authenticate using NTLM but when I turn on "Send NTLMv2
      response only"
      in Windows XP Pro, I am prompted for basic auth.

      Any assistance or pointers would be greatly appreciated. I can provide extra
      information if required.

      Cheers,
      Aaron Browne