Re: Getting to learn more about modperl2 API

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 25, 2005
      > I tried to rewrite for the new 2.0 API the nice Apache::MIME package
      > from chapter 8 of "Writing Apache Modules..."
      > (http://files.printf.dk/docs/apache_perl/98.htm#BIN210); it also uses
      > customized directives, so that one can completely switch off mod_mime.c
      > and have all of mod_mime's directives handled by the package itself. BUT
      > the authors maybe forgot one directive: AddOutputFilter, which is
      > handled by mom_mime.

      well, AddOutputFilter didn't exist when that book was written.

      and you don't want to worry about that directive for mod_mime anyway - in
      apache 2.X does what a mime handler should do, simply set the MIME type
      based on various criteria. specifically, mod_mime no longer handles
      SetHandler, which means we can (finally) use the PerlTypeHandler to do
      something meaningful.

      http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/filters.html#Adding_OutputFilters_Dynamically