Re: Why mod_perl?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22, 2005
      On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 14:53 +0100, Shane De Jager wrote:
      > I am trying to speed up my CGI scripts on Apache Server 2. Can you
      > tell me some reasons why u chose mod_perl instead of fastCGI?

      There are two main reasons to choose mod_perl, in my opinion:
      - Access to Apache internals, giving you the same control you would have
      when writing a C module for Apache.
      - mod_perl is better maintained and documented, and more widely used.

      If you don't need to do anything beyond speeding up your CGI scripts,
      and you are able to get FastCGI working on your system fairly easily,
      there's nothing really wrong with it. You could also look at SpeedyCGI
      if you are on a shared server.