Re: Apache2 namespace

  • J Matisse Enzer
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 3, 2005
      On Jul 3, 2005, at 2:10 PM, Jim Albert wrote:
      > Can you give me the logic to handle that properly in a single code
      > file. Thanks again.

      I think your key here is the MOD_PERL_API_VERSION environment variable.

      BEGIN {
      if ( $ENV{MOD_PERL_API_VERSION} == 2 ) {
      # do mp2 stuff
      Matisse Enzer <matisse@...>
      http://www.matisse.net/ - http://www.eigenstate.net/
      415-225-6703 (work/cellphone)
      415-401-8325 (home)
    • Philip M. Gollucci
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 3, 2005
        Jim Albert wrote:
        > For example, one piece of my code has
        > use Apache::Const
        > but I had to change that to use Apache2::Const on the server running the
        > lastest mod_perl.
        >
        > Can you give me the logic to handle that properly in a single code file.
        > Thanks again.

        >>I think your key here is the MOD_PERL_API_VERSION environment >variable.
        >>
        >>BEGIN {
        >> if ( $ENV{MOD_PERL_API_VERSION} == 2 ) {
        >> # do mp2 stuff
        >> }
        >>}
        Thats a start.

        The first to come to mind is
        Apache::DBI v 0.98 available here:

        http://p6m7g8.net/Apache-DBI/Apache-DBI-0.98.tar.gz

        AuthDBI.pm will give an a decent example.

        After looking at it again,

        BEGIN {
        if (MP2) {
        require Apache2::Const;
        Apache2::Const->import(-compile => qw(OK DECLINED));
        }
        else {
        require Apache::Constants;
        Apache::Constants->import(qw(OK DECLINED));

        Should probably be: [I'll have to test it a little later]

        BEGIN {
        if (MP2) {
        require Apache2::Const;
        Apache2::Const->import(qw(OK DECLINED));
        }
        else {
        require Apache::Constants;
        Apache::Constants->import(qw(OK DECLINED));

        you might also want to checkout:
        http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/rename.html

        --
        END
        Nothing is impossible.

        Philip M. Gollucci (pgollucci@...) 301.254.5198
        http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com
      • Philip M. Gollucci
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 3, 2005
          Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
          > Jim Albert wrote:
          >
          >> For example, one piece of my code has
          >> use Apache::Const
          >> but I had to change that to use Apache2::Const on the server running
          >> the lastest mod_perl.
          >>
          >> Can you give me the logic to handle that properly in a single code
          >> file. Thanks again.
          Here's the link I was looking for:

          Superseeds previous e-mail:
          http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/compat.html#mod_perl_1_0_and_2_0_Constants_Coexistence

          --
          END
          Nothing is impossible.

          Philip M. Gollucci (pgollucci@...) 301.254.5198
          http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com
        • Jim Albert
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 5, 2005
            Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

            > Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
            >
            >> Jim Albert wrote:
            >>
            >>> For example, one piece of my code has
            >>> use Apache::Const
            >>> but I had to change that to use Apache2::Const on the server running
            >>> the lastest mod_perl.
            >>>
            >>> Can you give me the logic to handle that properly in a single code
            >>> file. Thanks again.
            >
            > Here's the link I was looking for:
            >
            > Superseeds previous e-mail:
            > http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/compat.html#mod_perl_1_0_and_2_0_Constants_Coexistence

            Hmmm.... seems like the example on that page relies on
            use mod_perl;
            to get $mod_perl::VERSION
            However, mod_perl.pm has changed to mod_perl2.pm in the newer version of
            mod_perl that's now on my system, so it doesn't appear that the example
            at
            http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/compat.html#mod_perl_1_0_and_2_0_Constants_Coexistence
            solves this particular problem.

            --
            Jim Albert
          • Philip M. Gollucci
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 5, 2005
              Hmmm.... seems like the example on that page relies on

              > use mod_perl;
              > to get $mod_perl::VERSION
              > However, mod_perl.pm has changed to mod_perl2.pm in the newer version
              > of mod_perl that's now on my system, so it doesn't appear that the
              > example at
              > http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/compat.html#mod_perl_1_0_and_2_0_Constants_Coexistence
              > solves this particular problem.

              s/mod_perl/mod_perl2/g

              I'll see about updating this page _very_ shortly.

              --
              END
              Nothing is impossible.

              Philip M. Gollucci (pgollucci@...) 301.254.5198
              http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com
              http://www.liquidation.com
              http://www.uksurplus.com
              http://www.govliquidation.com
              http://www.gowholesale.com
            • Jim Albert
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 5, 2005
                Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

                > Hmmm.... seems like the example on that page relies on
                >
                >> use mod_perl;
                >> to get $mod_perl::VERSION
                >> However, mod_perl.pm has changed to mod_perl2.pm in the newer version
                >> of mod_perl that's now on my system, so it doesn't appear that the
                >> example at
                >> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/compat.html#mod_perl_1_0_and_2_0_Constants_Coexistence
                >> solves this particular problem.
                >>
                > s/mod_perl/mod_perl2/g

                Correct, that will change mod_perl to mod_perl2 in my source, but my
                point was that it won't help in the case of attempting to maintain one
                code base (my code) in terms of whether to include modules from the
                Apache:: or Apache2:: namespace. Perhaps the exsitence of and the
                particular value of $ENV{MOD_PERL_API_VERSION} might be better suited.

                --
                Jim Albert