mod_perl, php, mason segmentation fault

  • jiesheng zhang
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2005
      Hi,
      My system is as this
      Apache/1.3.33 (Darwin) PHP/4.3.11 mod_perl/1.26.
      The system worked fine until I installed mason script on it recently.
      When I tried to browse a page backed up by mason script, I get an empty
      page and the apache error log has this message "[Mon Jun 27 06:24:35
      2005] [notice] child pid 9101 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)". When
      I retrieved the page backed up by php, everything seemed fine.

      I then changed apache configuration to disable php, the mason page
      seemed fine.

      Unfortunately, I could not disable php permanently since this site has
      many php pages developed.

      I first suspected that the cause could be that the mod_perl and php
      could not share the same environment as as suggested by Stas Bekman in
      http://www.mail-archive.com/modperl@.../msg36277.html. However, I
      ruled this out since 1) php script worked fine in spite of segmentation
      fault on mason. 2)The test case to reproduce the segmented fault in that
      post worked fine.

      Any help is really appreciated.

      --jason