Re: Constants Coexistence

  • Kevin A. McGrail
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2005
      Here's a new patch against Philip's Apache::DBI v0.96 that includes a patch
      per the constants coexistence notes that makes the program work in MP1 and 2
      without any warnings because of the constants.

      I believe that this Apache::DBI works now quite well under mp1 and mp2.

      However, I would like to know more about the shared memory function semget
      under mod_perl. Anyone know why this routine here seems to fail:

      $SEMID = semget($SHMKEY, 1,
      IPC::SysV::IPC_CREAT() | IPC::SysV::S_IRUSR() |
      IPC::SysV::S_IWUSR());
      if (!defined($SEMID)) {
      print STDERR "$prefix semget failed \n";
      return;
      }

      The failure is simply: 27269 Apache::AuthDBI PerlChildInitHandler
      semget failed which is printed by the stderr above.

      What should a proper call to semget look like?

      Regards,
      KAM