Re: Basic Authentication & logout

  • Dan Wilga
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 24, 2005
      At 5:15 PM +0200 6/22/05, Andrea Palmeri wrote:
      >I invalidate the user authencation and ask credentials once again,
      >but I would like to just to invalidate the user authencation whitout
      >prompting the user for credentials.

      Can't be done with basic auth. They will always get the
      "Authentication failed. Retry?" alert.

      All you can do is warn them they will get this. One was is to first
      display a page that says so, and then automatically redirect them to
      the page that actually returns the AUTH_REQUIRED code.
      --
      Dan Wilga dwilga@...
      Web Administrator http://www.mtholyoke.edu