Apache2 Testing with AuthDBI 0.96 with SHA1/MD5 Patch

  • Kevin A. McGrail
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 23, 2005
      Evening:

      I'm trying to testing AuthDBI for both mp1 and mp2 and I'm having poor luck
      trying to test this with mp2.

      Philip (or anyone): Can you send me your startup.pl you are using with
      mod_perl2?

      Currently, I am getting:

      [Thu Jun 23 18:27:11 2005] [error] [client 10.10.10.204] Can't locate object
      method "is_initial_req" via package "Apache2::RequestRec" at
      /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Apache/AuthDBI.pm line 185.\n

      I am currently using this startup.pl:

      #!/usr/bin/perl

      use strict;

      use Apache2::RequestRec ();
      use Apache::DBI;
      use Apache::AuthDBI;

      Apache::AuthDBI->setCacheTime(600);
      Apache::AuthDBI->setCleanupTime(300);
      Apache::AuthDBI->initIPC(50000);

      #$Apache::AuthDBI::DEBUG = 2;

      1; # return true value

      Regards,
      KAM
    • Frank Wiles
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 23, 2005
        On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 18:40:19 -0400
        "Kevin A. McGrail" <kmcgrail@...> wrote:

        > Evening:
        >
        > I'm trying to testing AuthDBI for both mp1 and mp2 and I'm having poor
        > luck trying to test this with mp2.
        >
        > Philip (or anyone): Can you send me your startup.pl you are using with
        > mod_perl2?
        >
        > Currently, I am getting:
        >
        > [Thu Jun 23 18:27:11 2005] [error] [client 10.10.10.204] Can't locate
        > object method "is_initial_req" via package "Apache2::RequestRec" at
        > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Apache/AuthDBI.pm line 185.\n

        I believe you need to add Apache2::RequestUtil to your startup.pl.

        You might find this page useful:

        http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/ModPerl/MethodLookup.html#Command_Line_Lookups

        With it you can just run 'lookup is_initial_req' from the command line
        and it will let you know what module a method is in.

        ---------------------------------
        Frank Wiles <frank@...>
        http://www.wiles.org
        ---------------------------------
      • Philip M. Gollucci
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 23, 2005
          Frank Wiles wrote:
          >>Philip (or anyone): Can you send me your startup.pl you are using with
          >>mod_perl2?
          As requested:
          httpd.conf
          mod_perl.conf
          startup.pl

          are available here along with the 0.96 Apache::DBI

          http://p6m7g8.net/Apache-DBI

          Let me know if I can help more.

          --
          END
          Nothing is impossible.

          Philip M. Gollucci (pgollucci@...) 301.254.5198
          http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com
        • Kevin A. McGrail
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 24, 2005
            Thanks Philip & Frank:

            I can now confirm that AuthDBI 0.96 from Philip with my patches for
            Authentication seems to function as expected under both mp1.29 and mp2.0.1.

            I can also comment that I've emailed Ask as well about where to submit
            patches and not gotten a response. The version on CPAN hasn't been updated
            in a long time.

            Regards,
            KAM