Re: [Fwd: mod_perl2 API change]

  • Frank Wiles
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 10, 2005
      On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:29:39 -0400
      Geoffrey Young <geoff@...> wrote:

      > just spreading the love...

      I'm honestly not sure how thinking about your ass would help in
      development other than a "I've been sitting in this chair for too
      long...." way.

      If everyone was thinking about their backside when they did the API
      change, we'd have much more interesting module names. :) More like
      these:

      Ass2::URI
      Fanny::Filter
      GluteusMaximus::RequestIO
      Rump::RequestRec
      Rear::Access
      Derriere::Directive
      Posterior::PerlSections

      I have also moved code from the old API to the new with minimal
      effort. While I didn't do it with sed, I can definitely see how that
      would be possible with most apps. I think it took me all of about
      15 minutes to do Apache::DB, Apache::DProf, and Apache::SmallProf.

      At first I didn't like the API change. However, after a few days
      of using it I completely adjusted.

      P.S. You guys should probably never put me in charge of API naming
      conventions. ;)

      Frank Wiles <frank@...>
      http://www.wiles.org