Re: Any way for a PerlHandler to know what Location block it's in?

  • John Siracusa
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2005
      On 6/8/05, Dorian Taylor <dorian@...> wrote:
      > $r->location will also return whatever's in a LocationMatch, Directory
      > and DirectoryMatch directive, should the scope of the request lay
      > in one of those. if you're simply clipping the location off the
      > front of the request uri you could potentially run into trouble.
      > you can always piggyback the Location directive specifically, using
      > the configuration api and use what you get back from that.

      Thanks. I realize that, but I only need it to work specifically for plain
      old Location blocks. I have sanity checks to make sure it really is a
      prefix of the requested URI since I am indeed clipping it off the URI.

      None of these paths have any representation in the file system, so path_info
      is no help. I thought about wandering the apache config using perl's
      interface to that info but it seemed like too much trouble. Is there a
      better way to get "the rest" of the URI?

      -John