Re: [Question] OS X 10.4

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2005
      Anonymous Lion wrote:
      > Forgive my ignorance, I thought you had to have mod-perl installed and
      > running to run perl cgi scripts.

      No, they are totally separate things. CGI is a language-independent way
      of running dynamic programs from a web server that nearly all servers
      support. The apache implementation is called mod_cgi. mod_perl is an
      apache module that embeds a perl interpreter into the web server. It
      provides much better performance than running perl scripts through CGI
      and gives you access to the apache API.

      To get started with mod_cgi:
      http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/cgi.html

      To get started with mod_perl: