Re: Refresh referring page

  • Ron Savage
    Message 1 of 9 , May 3 5:55 PM
      Hi Dermot

      Why can't you just use JavaScript::RPC and send a msg to the server every 10
      secs asking for a status update on the conversion activity?
      --
      Ron Savage
      ron@...
      Message 2 of 9 , May 4 1:25 AM
        Hi Ron,

        Yes I think I will do something like that. Instead of refreshing the
        page I am going to resubmit the form until all the files have been
        processed. A counter and some javascript to submit the form on each
        page load should do it.

        Perhaps not a graceful solution but for me a quicker and simpler
        solution than having to get to grips with shared memory.
        Thanx.
        Dp.

        On 4 May 2005 at 10:55, Ron Savage wrote:
        > Hi Dermot
        >
        > Why can't you just use JavaScript::RPC and send a msg to the server
        > every 10 secs asking for a status update on the conversion activity?
        > -- Ron Savage ron@... http://savage.net.au/index.html

      • Issac Goldstand
        Message 3 of 9 , May 4 3:31 AM
          Whoa there. Using your example 30 files @ 50MB each, it's going to be
          very expensive to upload them all multiple times (which is what happens
          if you keep submitting the form)... As for shared memory, use
          Cache::Cache and look at it as a black box - it's quite simple, and a
          lot smarter IMHO than uploading files each time...

          Issac

          Message 4 of 9 , May 4 3:44 AM
            Hi Issac

            I wasn't going to upload any files. The files are placed by the user
            into their users folder. Once they select their name from a readdir,
            the list of folders, their folder is read. Thereafter, I re-send the
            complete list of files to each invocation of the handler, until the
            last file is flagged done and then you change the body tag to omit
            the onload event.

            I haven't written any of this yet mind, so there is plenty of scope
            for trouble. I will have a look at Cache though as it might help in
            the future.
            Dp.

            Message 5 of 9 , May 4 8:07 AM
              You should post to the list (quote you version etc...) as there is
              more expertise there but I would

              1) try 'apachectl configest'
              2) run httpd -w

              One of the above should give you some more details.
              HTH.
              Dp.

              On 4 May 2005 at 18:32, jayakant Pottumuthu wrote:

              > hi ,
              > i have install apache server on my pc .and i am trying to run cgi
              > scripts.but iam getting the following error. in log files 1.Accept
              > mutex:sysvsem (Default :sysvsem) 2.caught SIGTERM,shutting down could
              > you plz help me regarding this
              >
              > On 5/4/05, Dermot Paikkos <dermot@...> wrote:
              > > Hi Issac
              > >
              > > I wasn't going to upload any files. The files are placed by the user
              > > into their users folder. Once they select their name from a readdir,
              > > the list of folders, their folder is read. Thereafter, I re-send the
              > > complete list of files to each invocation of the handler, until the
              > > last file is flagged done and then you change the body tag to omit
              > > the onload event.
              > >
              > > I haven't written any of this yet mind, so there is plenty of scope
              > > for trouble. I will have a look at Cache though as it might help in
              > > the future. Dp.
              > >

              > > On 4 May 2005 at 13:31, Issac Goldstand wrote:
              > >
              > > > Whoa there. Using your example 30 files @ 50MB each, it's going
              > > > to be very expensive to upload them all multiple times (which is
              > > > what happens if you keep submitting the form)... As for shared
              > > > memory, use Cache::Cache and look at it as a black box - it's
              > > > quite simple, and a lot smarter IMHO than uploading files each
              > > > time...
              > > >
              > > > Issac

              > --
              > Regards
              > P.V.S.Jayakant

              ~~
              Dermot Paikkos * dermot@...
              Network Administrator @ Science Photo Library
              Phone: 0207 432 1100 * Fax: 0207 286 8668