Re: an unknown filter was not added: apreq2

  • Randy Kobes
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2005
      On Mon, 2 May 2005, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I have installed libapreq2 under Windows 2000 using ppm because I want to
      > use Apache2::Request.
      >
      > I have tried a simple module:
      >
      > package Test::Module;
      >
      > use strict;
      > use Apache2::RequestRec ();
      > use Apache2::RequestIO ();
      > use Apache2::Const -compile => ':common';
      > use Apache2::Request ();
      >
      > sub handler {
      > my $r = shift;
      >
      > my $q = Apache2::Request->new($r);
      >
      > $r->content_type("text/html");
      >
      > $r->print("test");
      >
      > return Apache2::Const::OK;
      > }
      >
      > 1;
      >
      > I have assigned this handler to a certain path, and I have tested it, but
      > Apache was stopped with the following error window:
      >
      > Apache.exe - Application Error
      > The instruction at "0x028619b0" referenced memory at "0x0000000c". The
      > memory could not be "read".
      >

      > I found the following errors in the error log:
      > [Mon May 02 19:04:54 2005] [error] an unknown filter was not added: apreq2
      > [Mon May 02 19:04:56 2005] [notice] Parent: child process exited with status
      > 3221225477 -- Restarting.
      > [Mon May 02 19:04:57 2005] [notice] Apache/2.0.53 (Win32) PHP/5.0.0
      > mod_perl/1.999.22 Perl/v5.8.6 configured -- resuming normal operations
      > [Mon May 02 19:39:19 2005] [warn] (OS 64)The specified network name is no
      > longer available. : winnt_accept: Asynchronous AcceptEx failed.
      >
      > Do I need to use some special settings in httpd.conf in order to use
      > libapreq2, or there is a problem with libapreq2 (which seems to be in a
      > development phase)?

      It's true that libapreq2 is in a development phase, but
      it's sufficiently developed that the above basic error
      shouldn't occur.

      Have you specified, in httpd.conf, to load the module as
      LoadModule apreq_module modules/mod_apreq2.so
      (note that it's mod_apreq2.so, not mod_apreq.so). Also, for
      Win32, you may need
      LoadFile "/Path/to/libapreq2.dll"
      before that to load libapreq2.dll.

      If this doesn't help, are you using the mod_perl ppm package
      at http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/? Earlier mod_perl
      versions won't work with the libapreq2 ppm package (from the
      same site).

      > Please tell me if it is a good idea to compile libapreq2
      > under Windows using Visual Studio 6 instead of using that
      > package installed with ppm. or.... if there is another
      > method of getting the vars from query_string without
      > needing to parse it manually.

      If you have VC++ 6, then, in general, it's probably a good
      idea to compile extensions yourself, rather than relying on
      binary versions.

      Also, I've cc'd the apreq development list, as there may
      be people there who can help.

      --
      best regards,
      randy kobes